Suzhou to Shanghai with a Lumix LX3

Nikkornos

Oct 31, 2008
Singapore/Asia
The LX3 is easy to snap candid shots! ;)

Shuzhou station

su-0.jpg

Small shops

su-1.jpg

Touting for passengers

su-3.jpg

Everyone on the handphone

su-11.jpg

Train in station

su-12.jpg

Watch it!

su-14.jpg

Go buy some film :)

su-27-1.jpg

Rushing home again

su-27a.jpg

Night falls

su-28.jpg

Back to SHuzhou. At low light not very easy to use the LX3 for results.

su-29-1.jpg

Dinner and fun time!!

su-30-1.jpg

Set the LX3 to quiet mode, auto and not raw file saving.

The LX3 is easy to snap candid shots! ;)

Yes, that's the camera i use for my street series too. Especially the wide angle perspective, people don't know they're in the frame! ;)

You've got many nice captures here of the Shanghai street life. Great work!

Yes, that's the camera i use for my street series too. Especially the wide angle perspective, people don't know they're in the frame! ;)

You've got many nice captures here of the Shanghai street life. Great work!

Thanks! I sometimes zoom upto 35mm or 28mm.
I wish the LX3 has a waist line finder like the Yashica. However, now I put it on my chest and guesstimate. :)

su-24.jpg

su-23.jpg

wondering why this pic seem so bad as compared to others... no offence. but this looks very... ermm... noisy?

the rest are great. shows the vibrant colors of the city well...

wondering why this pic seem so bad as compared to others... no offence. but this looks very... ermm... noisy?

the rest are great. shows the vibrant colors of the city well...

High ISO for some reason. And slightly cropped too.

Thanks! I sometimes zoom upto 35mm or 28mm.
I wish the LX3 has a waist line finder like the Yashica. However, now I put it on my chest and guesstimate. :)

Perhaps you could use one of those bubble leveller that attaches to the flash hotshoe?

Good idea to have the bubble leveller. I had to hang from the wrist for some candid in certain area where "sensitivity" is concern. My friend's D5000 comes in handy with that swivel display LCD. Beautiful shots. Thanks for sharing.

Good idea.

I press the camera firmly on my chest. I hold it with my right hand only such that the thumb is on the shuttle release. Camera is silence. I just walk up to the subject real close, press a few times or burst a few shots, then walk off. Some of the girls expression is really funny when caught off guarded. But I won't post their pictures. ;)

Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Haven't been to China for past 10 years. Will be going in Oct.:)

China is getting more and more prosperous. In many cities the living standards have already way passed Singapore.

I was in shanghai shopping center just next to the train station. I was amazed by the number of photographic shops (3 levels of shops). I bought some medium format gear at very reasonable prices and in great condition. Great place to buy film too.

Another treasure is the number of photographic guide book and photo destination guides. I have bought more than a dozen of them.

Taken lot more pictures using the seagull twin lens. Many kids are very willing to post for you.

people mountain people sea :sweat: