super panaromic shot of orchard rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe u all wanna contact guiness to record this???

and again, if u need 10 DSLRs, i may join u on sat...but i got no tripod....things like tripod height muz standardize, perhaps even the cam model also muz to get the same WB...

hjehe.

denniskee said:
Pls ask him to call again, I missed afew call the other day, does not show his phone no. So I was not able to return his call.

Yes, its still on for sure, we had linked up with STB last week, trying to fix appt with them.

After the 4th trial, I have to increase the no. of photog & camera to about 200. Definetly needs all support from the whole photography community.

Thanks to the committees & all those who had take time to do the trials with me so far.
hi dennis, haven been following the thread for some time, have there been any changes to accomodate DSLR shooters? If so, i would be very much interested.

me too ! i wan to be part of this if it's going into the records !!
anyway i shoot DSLR can contact me @ 96992395, Vincent

Dear CSer

I have been using DSLR of different make through out the 4 trial. The following are found to be true.

1) White balance from diff. make does post some problem to post production group (PPG or power puff girl).

2) Different makes has different crop factor, even same make also has different crop factor. Which again had created more work for PPG.

3) Because of the crop factor, alot more photogs will be needed (base on the trial, easily run into the region of 400). As you can see, I had already doubled the no. of film camera needed for this project (new no is 200, instead of original 100).

So on the issue of using DSLR for the actual day is not going to happen, though I very much would like to have all you guys (those who only own digital camera) onboard. For this, pls accept my sincere apology.

Base on how thing are going, the actual shoot will be postpone to next FeB or March, depending on how soon we can get sponsorship.

However, as we are still in process of getting sponsorship (I have no choice, too much cost involve), the trials will be using DLSR so that nobody have to fork out cash.

I hope to do 5th trial this saturday, 20/11/04, 1300hr. I will be needing 25 DSLR (with tripod).

Next, I need "cokin "P" series adaptor ring, 52mm, 58mm, 62mm, 72mm and 77mm. I had fabricated some tools to be used with these rings inorder to level between camera to camera. I had also fabricated level device mounted on hot shoe to level each camera.

The response for the 4th trial appeal for DLSR was very bad, I had only photogs turn up, but only 3 DSLR. The 4th person was task to set up the camera as per the actual shoot.

Pls lend me your support this time round. Many thanks in advance.

Saturday, 20/11/04, 1300hr outside orchard mrt. This is 5th trial shot, DSLR of any make is ok. just do abit more PS lor, no cost involve. But must use 50mm lens (prime or zoom is ok)

1) denniskee

hi dennis, actually hoping if you can push it another week more, i might be able to help with my dslr... btw you nid 50mm right? im using my kit lens which covers 18-55mm.

meltingpoint said:
1) denniskee
2) alvin
3) nightwolf75
4) arttl
5) madmacs
6) Nathanlogic
7) dolpjki
8) Andi1704
9) weevil84
10) wingless84
11) tagore
12) nostalgia
13) sumball
14) acetylcholine
15) vagabond
16) di0nysus
17) tempest
18) quekky
19) keithjhee
20) jimtong
21) Einstein
22) Gary
23) acrylonithrill
24) Terence
25) foxtwo
26) radioactive28
27) Pande (denniskee's friend)
28) Phua Yok Lin (denniskee's friend)
29)meepokman
30)meltingpoint
31)Joe (Please Pm me all the details)

Saturday, 20/11/04, 1300hr outside orchard mrt. This is 5th trial shot, DSLR of any make is ok. just do abit more PS lor, no cost involve. But must use 50mm lens (prime or zoom is ok)

1) denniskee
2) tonysantos

Sorry zhangyb, it will be difficult to manage so a big group if I start having diff. possible dates for the trials. They might have problem deciding on making other appt.

But you thought is very much appreciated.

tonysantos said:

1) denniskee
2) tonysantos

Hi there,
I'm interested meeting you guys this coming sat and I'm using SLR.Izzi ok to join in the fun? :embrass:

denniskee said:
Sorry zhangyb, it will be difficult to manage so a big group if I start having diff. possible dates for the trials. They might have problem deciding on making other appt.

But you thought is very much appreciated.
not a problem, actually i dun mind shooting for actual shoot as well as i have a old nikon fg to shoot film. If there are further trial shoots i can participate as well :)

1) denniskee
2) tonysantos
3) quekky

bo jio me for the previous trails.... :complain:

ayah, have lah, posted in the thread. thought you guys were busy, so make do with 3 cameras lor.

but I only have 1 each of the following cokin "p" series adaptor ring :

52mm
72mm
77mm

to level between camera, i need more adaptor ring, if possible, 2pcs of the same size to be on the safe side. so pls, if anybody has it, will buy from anyone that has it if have to. thanks.

quekky said:

1) denniskee
2) tonysantos
3) quekky

bo jio me for the previous trails.... :complain:

4) judhi (DSLR 1.6x FOV + 50mm prime) :)

1) denniskee
2) tonysantos
3) quekky
4) judhi

denniskee said:
But must use 50mm lens (prime or zoom is ok)

Good effort for the great project. Suggest you calibrate the crop factor among different DSLR (1.6x vs 1.5x) and standardize the actual 35mm equivalent of 80mm (therefore, for Nikon user need 53mm).

jjch_sg, thanks for lending us your support.

it is ok, for the pass few trials, we had been using camera of different make. just need to ps abit lor. important thing here is to get support for this saturday's trial. i m only hoping the response will be better than the 4 trial.

jjch_sg said:
Good effort for the great project. Suggest you calibrate the crop factor among different DSLR (1.6x vs 1.5x) and standardize the actual 35mm equivalent of 80mm (therefore, for Nikon user need 53mm).
i dun have 53mm prime :sweat:

denniskee said:
jjch_sg, thanks for lending us your support.

it is ok, for the pass few trials, we had been using camera of different make. just need to ps abit lor. important thing here is to get support for this saturday's trial. i m only hoping the response will be better than the 4 trial.

yo Dennis! u hold on there!!! I'll be "released from duty" by 23rd Nov. :bsmilie:
You hve great fun at the 5th trial. Hopefully, you'll see me for the 6th trial ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.