Super close up photomacrography help needed..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
hi mate, i'm new o clubsnap,
and i'm playing with some stackign lenses super macro close up shooting.

the DoF just toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo small, less than 1-2mm,
and i'm using a 70-300 + 50mm f/1.8, and when it was set t 200mm, no Vignetting occured, but the DoF is jsut too small, even i shoot at f/22.

anyone know how to get this done? :)

i'm using : Nikon D70 + 20-300 + 50mm f/1.8 with tripod and 2 table light.
the lighting should be fine.

** how to attached a picture in here? then u guy can see what i'm talking about? and any Macro-mania out there?

* the object i'm playing with it......... eyes of dragonflys.... yes, it's eye !!
stack.JPG

For a moment....

I thought you shot the esplanade..... :bigeyes: Really does look like one...

No offense... I cannot help since I am not a macro siao...

you mean you're using reverse lens with a 70-300? very very interesting set up.. your DOF like you've experience will be less than 1mm actually

you mean you're using reverse lens with a 70-300? very very interesting set up.. your DOF like you've experience will be less than 1mm actually

yes, reversed mount a 50mm /f.18 infront of the 70-300, and the picture was taken at 200mm, so, the reproduction life size is 4 times. and the DoF is.... less than 1mm, indeed. and even i use f/22, there is no much diff. anyone can help? or anyone know and more experience in stacking lense? what's ur combination then ?

Halfmoon said:
For a moment....

I thought you shot the esplanade..... :bigeyes: Really does look like one...

No offense... I cannot help since I am not a macro siao...

ah, now we know where the building designer gets his idea from fror the esplanade. sorry for the ot

denniskee said:
ah, now we know where the building designer gets his idea from fror the esplanade. sorry for the ot

From the picture, even the angle of the eyes look like they followed it faithfully.... was their idea to create the EYE effect???

Sorry for OTT on the eyes....

Status
Not open for further replies.