Sunset Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the some of the peope have said, the time is wrong and the light is too harsh. No colors.

One thing about sunset is it looks best with clouds.

Secondly, the composition is not good too. Don't like the way the placement of the two front trees. Just anyhow cut the picture. The single small tree on the left is too close to the edge and looks like an accidental inclusion.

Basically no subject, really dunno what you trying to shoot, partly because the two front trees is so distracting.

Ok here's my explaination :)
I drove down with my wifey and happened to be there slightly later than the optimal time window for a better shot (as mentioned by other kind members of the forum). Experimented with many shots before i decided to keep this one (Am a noobie, didn't expect much yet. Still learning the ropes). As for the 2 front trees, i thought of including it cos the sky over the mountain ridges looks rather empty. As for the accidental inclusion of the tree on the left, its my mistake ;) will lookout for such mistakes in future.

maybe u tell us what was in your mind as you shot this picture, ie were u composing deliberately? or just "Wah! sunset!", snap!

...So did you or did you not see all these before bringing up your camera?

....And if you did why did you not place them all, arrange them in a more aesthetic combination in your mind and then in the camera viewfinder before you even squeeze the shutter release?

....If you want to take good pictures don't start with becoming a photographer. That's a dead end road.

...For example you can see this work of mine and tell me why it is good or bad.

Thanks for the advices :)
Nah it was not merely a "wah sunset point and shoot kinda situation". I was there before and i went back again with my camera. Yeap, i could have tried some compositions (I'm not good at that, but hey, thats why I am here), may not have selected a good combination ;)

Regarding your picture, IMH newbie opinion, I think the colours are vivid and the clouds are nice, but i dun like dead fallen branch on the left of the picture. Its like adding a small piece of trash to a beautiful view. I dunno about what others may think, be it professional or novice. At least its what I feel looking at the picture.

I may be shallow in the art of photography but i believe if a picture appears appealing to someone who does not even know anything about photography then it makes a good picture. Pictures aren't made for just professionals to appreciate. Overall I like your picture i would say. Much more that I'll have to learn :) So just bear with me a little yeah? Thanks for the advices.

Status
Not open for further replies.