Sunset @ Labrador Park

SilverPine

Jul 8, 2007
Singapore
Sunset photo taken from Labrador Park to share. It had been for a long time that I last visit Labrador Park.

IMG_4580p.jpg

Sunset Seeker in action.

IMG_4593p.jpg

Another Sunset Seeker in Action.

IMG_4661p.jpg

Quiet Sunset

IMG_4686p.jpg

Pictures taken with :

Canon 40D with EF 20-35mm f/2.8 L

Pic#1,2,3 Using GND X 2 + Sunset GND

Pic #4 Using GND X 2

Hi, I have not been to Labrador Park.. nice sunset...:)

Hi, I have not been to Labrador Park.. nice sunset...:)

Thank you for the comments.

Labrador Park is a good location for sunset photographic you might want to consider the location for your future shooting trip. :)

Quiet Sunset

IMG_4686p.jpg

Pictures taken with :

Canon 40D with EF 20-35mm f/2.8 L

Pic#1,2,3 Using GND X 2 + Sunset GND

Pic #4 Using GND X 2

Hi, im new here, may i know what is sunset GND ?

Thanks for sharing, nice shots.Will drop by one evening for the sunset shots. Only been there last year in the late morning for a walk.

Hi, im new here, may i know what is sunset GND ?

Thank you for visiting. :)

Sunset GND is just like the normal GND usage is the same, the only different is that the sunset GND is color with yellow/orange, it allow you to add sunset color to the sky like my pic#1,2,3 here.

Thanks for sharing, nice shots.Will drop by one evening for the sunset shots. Only been there last year in the late morning for a walk.

Thank you for the kind comments. Labrador Park is a nice place for sunset photo shooting and a good location for relaxing after a long day work. :)

Labrador Park is a nice place for sunset photo shooting and a good location for relaxing after a long day work. :)
Yo SliverPine & Rcheong,
Labrador Park is currently good location for relaxing/walking :) ... not very sure still a good location for sunset :( .. you can give it a try..

Reasons:... 1. Sun is very much on the right.. and 2. (most impt).. the long sand bund that is there (along the coast line) just spolit the horizon.. anyone know if that sand bund is permanent or just temporary? (hope the latter)

[p.s. SilverPine - can see you are using the jetty to hide the ugly sand bund :) ]

Last edited:
Yo SliverPine & Rcheong,
Labrador Park is currently good location for relaxing/walking :) ... not very sure still a good location for sunset :( .. you can give it a try..

Reasons:... 1. Sun is very much on the right.. and 2. (most impt).. the long sand bund that is there (along the coast line) just spolit the horizon.. anyone know if that sand bund is permanent or just temporary? (hope the latter)

[p.s. SilverPine - can see you are using the jetty to hide the ugly sand bund :) ]

Hi ClemC,

The sand bund you mention are the rocks, and not too sure if it will cover up during the high tide. Years ago the beach still accessable by the public, but during last month visit to Labrador Park, they lock up the door to the jetty.

Sun do not set at the same location for different time of the year:

IMG_0542.jpg

pict#5 was taken from my another thread "Trees @ Labrador Park"

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/483653-Trees-Labrador-Park?highlight=silverpine+tree

It show the sun was not too much on the right. But why ? If it is not at the right I will place it at the left ? :confused:

Cool Sunset

IMG_7497.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 20-35mm f/2.8 L

ISO100, 3.2 sec. f/10 at 20mm, GND

nice ...was this yesterday ? it was raining & sunset over in the west at the same time

nice ...was this yesterday ? it was raining & sunset over in the west at the same time

Thank you for the comments. It was raining yesterday, so I find time to sort out my last visit to Labrador Park one month ago and post it. :)

Friendship

IMG_7387p-1.jpg

Canon 40D, EF 20-35mm f/2.8
L

ISO 100, 1/100 sec., f/9 at 20mm, GND

IMG_7508p.jpg

Labrador Park

Canon 5D Mark II, EF 20-35mm F/2.8 L

ISO 100, 8 Sec., f/13 at 27mm, CPL, GND x 2

It had been a cloudy day, but without the sun the cloud formation still makeup a nice sunset for the day.

hmmm is the place inaccessible without a car? based on google map,looks like a far walk from labrador mrt, and bus 408 does not operate on weekdays...anyone has been there recently with BMW? =)

hmmm is the place inaccessible without a car? based on google map,looks like a far walk from labrador mrt, and bus 408 does not operate on weekdays...anyone has been there recently with BMW? =)

Was there maybe 3-4 months ago. Took train then walked in. Took maybe 15-20min? Was with my wife so the walk was quite enjoyable.

It's quite far from the mrt but walkable. I sweated a lot in the end though.

Was there maybe 3-4 months ago. Took train then walked in. Took maybe 15-20min? Was with my wife so the walk was quite enjoyable.

It's quite far from the mrt but walkable. I sweated a lot in the end though.

check from Google map and street directory dot com, both said walk from MRT station is only 8 minutes, maybe that is toward the center of the park, walking to the beach may take another 5 minutes or so.

so is 20 minutes walk a very long distance walk for a photographer? Ok, I get it.

Reactions: Fable