Sunset in Malaysia

desmond05

Aug 15, 2010
6068814870_b52bd461c9_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6068814870_b52bd461c9_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I would like critiques on composition, use of lighting, exposure, PP, colour and anything else. Feel free to fire away at me..

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I wanna show the beauty sight of the petronas tower during sunset

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Sunset

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I am still a beginner photographer and so far I believe this is my best shot. I hope you guys thinks the same way as i do.. =)

for composition, symmetrical for above pic will be more nicer.. :)

Be careful of minor details. Eg. the tip of the right tower got cut off. Agree with intrance feedback - for this pic, might be better if it's not slanted, since the focus is on the sunset.

I was in the same location last week so I know it's quick hard to take the right angle ;) my guess is you have to be situated on the building in front to get a nice frontal capture of Petronas. Nice (sunset) timing by the way, I wasn't so fortunate that time :(

I have taken hundreds of photos of the place. It is very difficult to differentiate your photo from tens of thousands available on the internet.

This one has something to differentiate it from others i.e. the sun. However sun has affected the image of building at the lower part. I would also prefered if the lower right section of the building was not cut (I know that it needs a very wide lens and it is very difficult to accommodate all in the frame).

Intrance - composition noted..
Axedeee - my lens is not as wide when i was shooting this. its @ 18mm. might wanna get a wider lens in future. Thanks for your comments
Siamak - yup. It's the lens again. shall get a wider lens when it comes to shooting such a 'tall' building in future.. Thanks for all your comments. =)