sunset in Chiang Rai, Blessing Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoblade

Jan 11, 2006
Western Sg
sunset.jpg

the abv shot was taking while i was at Chiang Rai doing community work. took this shot on a loaned Fuji Finepix S7000.

C&C please! this is to better allow me to learn! :)

i think the picture is abit too cluttered. i believe you want to give a sense and serenity to your picture, so clutterness destroys it.

i suggest a potrait shot of the right tree only. this allows the silloute of the tree to be a sole subject, and it also allows the top of the photo to have more sky, giving a sense of both isolation and space respectively.

if you want to keep the same composition, a second suggestion would be placing a distinct subject of interest in the center. imagine a siloutte of a deer in the center, it definitely gives more interest to the photo. but since deers dun pop out on demand, you could have place something there yourself, or even just stand there yourself(setting the camera on self-timer).

hope this helps.:) oh, and becareful of the tilted horizon, was it done on purpose?

contrast can definitely be improved. make the silhouettes real silhouettes ie. BLACK. play up the orange sky. shoot at a better time. :angel:

the silhouette do not come together to form an aesthetically pleasing whole, nor indicate anything meaningful as suggested in your title.

sunsets and silhouettes are always beautiful, but to make a beautiful picture out of them, you ought to explore alternative angles and framing rather than just shooting what is presented infront.

thanks a million! definately will keep those pointers and tips handy and improve the next round! :)

to be honest, it is the roof of the dormitory not the horizon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.