Sunset at Melaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludwig

Apr 17, 2006
IMG_9536.jpg

I am a totally newbie into this, feel free to C&C.

Which part of Melaka is this taken? Cannot see the sun :(
Maybe a little illumination in the foreground would be good just so that the plant life can be seen.

Not associate to the theme. Perhaps you need to have more colors to illustrate the theme.

Thanks for the advices, i think the place is call pasir something, not sure as i cannot remember malay name, sorry. :embrass:

I agree, will post another one that has the sun soon which i think will suit the theme more. Its a series of photos anyway. There is rule on critique corner that i can only post one a week rite?

Thanks for the advices, i think the place is call pasir something, not sure as i cannot remember malay name, sorry. :embrass:

I agree, will post another one that has the sun soon which i think will suit the theme more. Its a series of photos anyway. There is rule in critique corner that i can only post one a week rite?

Any other comments from other seniors?

I agree, will post another one that has the sun soon which i think will suit the theme more. Its a series of photos anyway. There is rule in critique corner that i can only post one a week rite?

Any other comments from other seniors? I dun mind scolding if u feel that the photo is #$@#$@ :)

Try focusing on a clear subject, probably by getting closer to the plant at the left. The background could also use some improvement, and as those above have said, this isn't really a sunset.

I love the vignetting effect on this, may be a lens defect but it still works. If you have a more vibrant background and a clear subject, this may very well look like a scene out of a movie.

PointBlue said:
Try focusing on a clear subject, probably by getting closer to the plant at the left. The background could also use some improvement, and as those above have said, this isn't really a sunset.

I love the vignetting effect on this, may be a lens defect but it still works. If you have a more vibrant background and a clear subject, this may very well look like a scene out of a movie.

Vignetting effect? Not quite sure if that is the defect on the lens or it could be due to the surrounding light condition. Thanks for the valuable comment! :)

seankyh said:
Probably Ujong Pasir. Where I live

Yes yes!! that the place. Anyway, that a nice place to shoot in sunset i think. There are also pple flying model planes there in the evening, and kids playing soccer. Maybe those of you going to melaka can go there to shoot. Pretty out of town tough. :)

Another photo at Ujong Pasir. Photo is crop in pp and tats all, dunno if i should leave the foreground this dark to show the sunset or to to brighten it to show details, which i am afraid that it will destroy the mood of sunset. Please advice.

IMG_95094R.jpg

There is a Jetty at the Portugese Settlement at Ujong Pasir. Really good place to makan and shoot Sunset.

Ujong Pasir is only 10 minutes away from the Mahkota area which is where most shopping is done.

ludwig said:
Another photo at Ujong Pasir. Photo is crop in pp and tats all, dunno if i should leave the foreground this dark to show the sunset or to to brighten it to show details, which i am afraid that it will destroy the mood of sunset. Please advice.

IMG_95094R.jpg

The sunlight a bit too glaring. Is your whitebalance set to cloudy or Auto? Seems on the warm side.

That's a beautiful shot, ludwig, except that its lacking in a clear subject. It also needs more colour and saturation, so the best bet would be to set your WB to cloudy or something similar.

It may be myself, but I think that the horizon isn't really horizontal. I agree with seankyh that the sun is also a little too glaring. One tip is to stop down on the aperture to cut down on the glare.

Nice shot once again!

i think its boring. nothing exciting in sky nor foregrd. unless u want to evoke forlornness.

PointBlue said:
That's a beautiful shot, ludwig, except that its lacking in a clear subject. It also needs more colour and saturation, so the best bet would be to set your WB to cloudy or something similar.

It may be myself, but I think that the horizon isn't really horizontal. I agree with seankyh that the sun is also a little too glaring. One tip is to stop down on the aperture to cut down on the glare.

Nice shot once again!

Thanks for the comment, nice to have you all out there to give guidance for improvements. :)

espion said:
i think its boring. nothing exciting in sky nor foregrd. unless u want to evoke forlornness.

Erm not really trying to give that feeling to the photo. Just that my shot was not good :embrass: Thanks anyway for your comment.

ludwig said:

IMG_95094R.jpg

lacking a main subject?

doug3fflux said:
lacking a main subject?

Yeah, I would think so. Actually just wanted to capture the sunset at that place. But dunno how to do it also. What main subject should it be then in this senerio?

My opinion...

maybe just the builldings as silhouettes? or maybe u dont want to include the sun directly in the frame, cos if so, you'd want a clear object as the silhouette.

compare it with the first photograph u posted - i like that one. its got a simple, unobstructed kind of feel to it? and the sunset is subtle yet its present in the photo. plus you thought out the position of the plants.

Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.