Sunset at Labrador Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionman

Mar 22, 2004
www.flickr.com
Just a random evening at my favourite park.

I was approached by a stranger who turned out to be from Myanmar. Through our conversation we discovered that we were of the same age and he was also interested in photography. He shared with me his dream of setting up his studio after he returned to his home country.

f3c93de39c37187a8a65d0d1980f2729-.jpg

Breathtaking....almost perfect if not for those ugly clouds floating by...

is that rusell peters i see in your avatar? haha!

very nicely taken image! i wish the the park bus 408 would end at 8 pm instead of 7 pm...if i should stay for sunset then i'd have to walk back!

actionman said:
Just a random evening at my favourite park.

I was approached by a stranger who turned out to be from Myanmar. Through our conversation we discovered that we were of the same age and he was also interested in photography. He shared with me his dream of setting up his studio after he returned to his home country.

f3c93de39c37187a8a65d0d1980f2729-.jpg

cool shot!

very very nice man! i've yet been able to shoot something as mesmerising as that...
i can always blame my noob prosumer cam for that... but i seriously think i lack exposure, experience and technique... -sigh-
muz brush up somemore!

This pic have the "wow" effect on me.:thumbsup:
Yeah,i agree the bus should end at 8pm instead.

Hi actionman,

Very nice photo. Nicely taken :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

Thanks for positive comments :)

metallions > yes this is russell peter that you see in my avatar

I like labrador park not just because it's a great place to take photos, but it is also a good place to relax and chill out... been feeling a bit lost and out of idea in this hobby recently :cry:

oh and i agree that the shuttle bus shd be extended to 8pm too!

i think i shud go check the park out soon... wanted to go the other day.. but was with a couple of my frens then they objected to it.. then cannot pang seh them mah.. in the end went to raffles place area... but already shot the merlion not too long back so ended up almost empty-handed... with only a few sunset pics..

derelictz said:
i think i shud go check the park out soon... wanted to go the other day.. but was with a couple of my frens then they objected to it.. then cannot pang seh them mah.. in the end went to raffles place area... but already shot the merlion not too long back so ended up almost empty-handed... with only a few sunset pics..

You can join one of the outings coming up, organised by Klose. It's also sunset at Labrador Park, on 1st April..... No joke.
:bsmilie:

dang! i juz missed it, didn't i? :cry:

Nice shots!!! ;)

I wonder if it would be nicer by taking the foto at some elevations? Cos the bridge is a zig zag one.... a slight elevation would allow a more spatial feel of the picture.. hehe just my 2c

i like the shot and the clouds r not ugly. However, i think if u use a spirit level, u could prevent the converging vertical lines. It's quite apparent when u look at the extreme left side of the image, looking at the bridge pillars.

:thumbsup:

stevez said:
Nice shots!!! ;)

I wonder if it would be nicer by taking the foto at some elevations? Cos the bridge is a zig zag one.... a slight elevation would allow a more spatial feel of the picture.. hehe just my 2c

quite surpise to see this old thread appearing again :)

Hi thanks for the suggestion. I will explore this alternative next time. THere are so many places in Labrador park that we can take pictures

astroboy said:
i like the shot and the clouds r not ugly. However, i think if u use a spirit level, u could prevent the converging vertical lines. It's quite apparent when u look at the extreme left side of the image, looking at the bridge pillars.

:thumbsup:

I was standing at the beach when i took this so if I need to show more of the sky i would have to aim my camera upward. I believe this caused the distortion if I am not wrong. THanks for the suggestion maybe I do need a spirit level ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.