Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerely thanks for all the reply.
I actually took a lot of images that days, (60+, sounds a bit silly because I got no confindence on the exposure and don't want to miss the chance) The images were acquired with different exposure (Refering to the auto metering, I adjust manually up and down, because don't know how to do bracketing yet, do we do 3F with 0.7 or 1 stop?)
I have another image of slightly early timing with a little bluish skies here
I didn't put it up thinking that the composition is not so good. I am using a wider angle for this view.

Hi, Mr dingzyangz,
Thanks. The following is what I did the PP:
In raw plug-in, I lower the temp a little so that the sun does not appear too bright. Then, I used the dodge tool on the duplicate layer to bring down the brigthness of the sun because it still seen very bright to me. (just learn how to use the dodge tool for the website). This is my original photo without processing: http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/medium/original2.jpg, please help if anything I can do to improve the image. Thanks
Mr Calebk,
Thanks for taking the trouble to attach the info on duotone, it is very useful.

Lowering temperature does not make the sun less bright. Temperature refers to colour temperature, and that ties to white balance, not exposure.

Dodging makes things brighter, not darker...Are you sure you got the terms right?

Lowering temperature does not make the sun less bright. Temperature refers to colour temperature, and that ties to white balance, not exposure.

Dodging makes things brighter, not darker...Are you sure you got the terms right?

Sorry I think what I meant is burn tool, PaiSeh, use the wrong term.

I duplicate the background for burn tool purpose. Can I ask does duplicating background reduce the sharpness of the image?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.