sunrise in singapore

crow84

May 1, 2010
any place to reconmend for sunrise in singapore ?

and wad are the things to take note ?

lower seletar, merlion park, east coast~~

things to take note? becareful =)

Last edited:
It is recommended to have view to East. Rumour has it that sunrise happens there frequently.
Do take note of the Search function in this forum, it helps to locate threads with similar topics :)

Octarine said:
It is recommended to have view to East. Rumour has it that sunrise happens there frequently.
Do take note of the Search function in this forum, it helps to locate threads with similar topics :)

Hahaha :D

Actually, all u need is a good scenic view facing east. Also, sunrise shot is not just about the sun. The golden hours (rise or set), silhouettes scenes, clouds and dimly lit skies can give you great photos!

Cowseye said:
Hahaha :D

Actually, all u need is a good scenic view facing east. Also, sunrise shot is not just about the sun. The golden hours (rise or set), silhouettes scenes, clouds and dimly lit skies can give you great photos!

And since it gets bright pretty quickly here, go during the predawn hours to get the wonderful colors in the sky. That's the golden hour for u at sunrise

Last week has been a great week for scenic shots. Clouds has been dramatic almost every hour in the day time. Lagi better in the golden hour. Better go now as sunrise going to start earlier and earlier day by day till later part of the year. Currently is abt 6:50am I think.

Last week has been a great week for scenic shots. Clouds has been dramatic almost every hour in the day time. Lagi better in the golden hour. Better go now as sunrise going to start earlier and earlier day by day till later part of the year. Currently is abt 6:50am I think.

great. that means a "no go" for me to shoot any sunrises this time of the year :(

Be there early,
compose your shot and wait for the sun. :D light changes pretty quickly and you may miss the moment if you are not prepared.

May I recommend my bedroom window? Here are a few shots taken over different time of the year.

May be I can charge an entrance fee and provide breakfast. Something like B&B but this is call P&B (Photoshoot & Breakfast) :bsmilie:

5760320633_056726c651_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

5760321611_6c33da3ea9_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

might not wanna go east coast.
east coast has been a disappointment for me thrice. the sun is always blocked. shots are always not nice.
it may differ for other, though.
i woke up at 4am, went down to be disappointed..

might not wanna go east coast.
east coast has been a disappointment for me thrice. the sun is always blocked. shots are always not nice.
it may differ for other, though.
i woke up at 4am, went down to be disappointed..
East Coast Park faces south. That is why you will not get a good view of the sunrise - though sometimes when the light spills over, it can still be nice. :)

May I recommend my bedroom window? Here are a few shots taken over different time of the year.

May be I can charge an entrance fee and provide breakfast. Something like B&B but this is call P&B (Photoshoot & Breakfast) :bsmilie:
[/IMG]

can it be for free? you can wake me up too :bsmilie:

To NoS77:

Wow! I din know there's such beautiful sunrise up in woodlands.. May I know where u took this beautiful sunrise from?

I think it's very well taken.. Sorry for sounding noobish.. I'm very new to photography.. :) and pardon me if I sound rude..