[SunChasersSG] - sunrise outing, Lwr Seletar, 10Jul

I know this is a very late post. Here it is. C&C pls. Many tks!

4782845274_ab0cb74b19.jpg

I like your composition, MrsScubagolfer.... keep it up!! :thumbsup:
You are improving very quickly as well.

Did you take multiple shots from exact same spot, with different exposure levels?
I was thinking that if you have one with the floating jetty slightly brighter, can layer it in to bring out more details. But cannot be too bright otherwise the reflection will also be brighter, and it will look weird (reflection brighter than sky).

Wah Mrs.. seldom see u post sia.. (or is this the first?? :think:) :bsmilie:

The color and the silhouette of the main focal elements falls into place quite nicely..

Nice work.. somemore?

such joy to look at all the photos here.....
just one comment. NNB - Have you consider cropping out the grass in the foreground of your floating piers shots?

I like your composition, MrsScubagolfer.... keep it up!! :thumbsup:
You are improving very quickly as well.

Did you take multiple shots from exact same spot, with different exposure levels?
I was thinking that if you have one with the floating jetty slightly brighter, can layer it in to bring out more details. But cannot be too bright otherwise the reflection will also be brighter, and it will look weird (reflection brighter than sky).

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Looking at the ones you took, mine pales in comparison.

ZCA, I didn't take take multiple shots from the exact same spot. Will try that the next time. And, will need to learn layering. Many many many more stuff I need to learn.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Looking at the ones you took, mine pales in comparison.

ZCA, I didn't take take multiple shots from the exact same spot. Will try that the next time. And, will need to learn layering. Many many many more stuff I need to learn.
your camera quite power... definitely got bracketing function... :)

Since you were using tripod anyway, and memory is free, might as well take bracketed exposures in case you prefer slightly over- or under-exposed. You never know...!

such joy to look at all the photos here.....
just one comment. NNB - Have you consider cropping out the grass in the foreground of your floating piers shots?
actually his 3 shots all had grass, but which photo are you referring to particularly?

Good stuff in my opinion. Keep it up!

Hey guys! Outing today was great fun -looking forward to doing more of the same :)

Here are some of mine just processed.

#1 - Jettyview

#2 - Mirror of Dawn

Processing info is on the flickr photo page if ur interested!

Wah Mrs.. seldom see u post sia.. (or is this the first?? :think:) :bsmilie:

The color and the silhouette of the main focal elements falls into place quite nicely..

Nice work.. somemore?

Many thanks! One more for the road.

4786659596_b07fdce18d.jpg

what PP software are you using?
If it's a very simple one, sometimes it doesn't allow you to rotate by a very small amount (eg. 0.5 degrees).

Hi ZCA,

I'm currently using Photoshop CS4. I suppose it allows tilting? :dunno:

Hi ZCA,

oooh... of course! :D I think you can even tilt 0.01 degree! :) hehehehe just exaggerating.

edit: the correct term is ROTATE, not tilt... apologies.

Last edited:
this one looks like there is some horizon tilt. Need to rotate a bit anti-clockwise.
The placement of the jetty at the extreme bottom-right corner... i'm not a fan... sorry.

Appreciate this. Need to get that bubble leveller. & agree with the composition.

oooh... of course! :D I think you can even tilt 0.01 degree! :) hehehehe just exaggerating.

edit: the correct term is ROTATE, not tilt... apologies.

Hey ZCA,

You've been a very great help. I'll go play around with the rotation, thanks ! :thumbsup:

Appreciate this. Need to get that bubble leveller. & agree with the composition.
i've survived without a bubble leveller so far :D hehehehe... It certainly helps though.
I turn on the gridlines in my viewfinder and use them to help align my horizon.

Hi ZCA,

Yes it does. There are several ways of doing it in CS4 as well.

You can use a ruler to set the horizon, do a rotate image -> arbitary, and the angle will be entered for you.
You can also use the crop tool, and just drag the corners in a circular motion.
You can also do it in Filter -> Distort -> Lens correction.

Yes it does. There are several ways of doing it in CS4 as well.

You can use a ruler to set the horizon, do a rotate image -> arbitary, and the angle will be entered for you.
You can also use the crop tool, and just drag the corners in a circular motion.
You can also do it in Filter -> Distort -> Lens correction.

hey DD,

Will definitely keep those in mind, and watch out for tilted horizon issues when i take the shot. Thanks ZCA for the tips as well, grid line would certainly work.

Thanks !