[SunChasersSG] Newbie Outing (Part 15) - Clarke Quay Sunrise 7th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.
== DETAILS: ==

DATE/TIME: 7th August 2010 Saturday morning, 0630 hrs onwards.

LOCATION: Somewhere along Clarke Quay. Exact location will be revealed in PM to those on list, approx a week before the outing.

THINGS TO BRING:

1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.

2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down. If you do not have one, you should buy or borrow one. If you show up without a tripod, seniors will not waste their time guiding you.

-----------------

Things you may expect to shoot:
1) Interesting structures in Singapore
2) Reflections of lights on water
3) Morning lights

The format will be some "slightly more experienced" (not necessarily expert, or professional) photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.

The ratio of Seniors:Newbies will be about 1:4, up to the maximum as stated.
People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
If you are competent, but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you only put your name down in the "independent shooters" category.

My definition of 'Newbie':
- started photography within the past couple of years.
- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).

My definition of 'Independent Shooter':
- have shot as a Newbie in the past outings
- confident enough to shoot on your own
- must be willing to mingle with others, else you go shoot by yourself, no need to add your name in here.

After shooting for about an hour +, we will break for breakfast, where we will offer a chance for critique of selected shots. This will give people a chance for some immediate feedback into possible 'faults'.

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6)

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
5) joshuachua79
6) weegk (and wife - only 1 camera)
7) Jeezuinn
8) dawngel
9) dawngel's friend
10) Aproz
-----Limited to 10 only-----
Priority given to 1st-timer newbies. I reserve the right to move people out of the newbies list if I deem they are not really that new (i.e. attended a few previous outings. Should have learnt something). If independent list is full, then I'll just kick you out So be warned...

Reserves List:
1) kurniled
2) bananah
3) arctos
4) jeanthemean
-----Limited to 04 only-----

'Independent Shooters': (Shoot at your own timing)
1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8
-----Limited to 05 only-----

THINGS TO DO IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND:

- Please only put your name down if you are quite sure you can make it.
Try not to put your name down then cancel at the last minute. It makes life difficult for me. I like my life to be easy

- Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. Please send me a PM with your mobile number, with the subject "Newbie Outing (Part 15)

- DON'T expand the reserve list beyond 4 people! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.

Cheers!

Rules: Please Read!
1. If you put your name down, you are expected to show up. These outings get packed really quickly and seniors take time to show up to guide you. Show some respect to the seniors and the people on reserve waiting to join. If you sign up and did not turn up without due notice, you will be blacklisted and will be banned from any other of our outings in the future.

2. This is a sign up thread only. Do not discuss anything here. Please check for the LAST POST before signing up. People who do not sign up in the proper manner will have their names removed without notice.

3. We reserve the right to cancel the outing, remove any names from signup, or switch the outing time or location with due notice.

LOCATION: Somewhere along Clarke Quay. Exact location will be revealed in PM to those on list, approx a week before the outing.

THINGS TO BRING:

1) Camera + lens(es) if it's a DSLR. If not, any camera with manual control over shutter speed, aperture, etc.

2) Tripod. This is essential. If you don't want to bring, please don't waste a slot by putting your name down. If you do not have one, you should buy or borrow one. If you show up without a tripod, seniors will not waste their time guiding you.

-----------------

3) Morning lights

The format will be some "slightly more experienced" (not necessarily expert, or professional) photographers providing guidance to relative newcomers into photography.

People attending this outing MUST fall into 1 of the above categories. Either you want to share, or you want to learn.
If you are competent, but not confident/willing to share your knowledge, may I kindly request that you only put your name down in the "independent shooters" category.

- still feeling confused about setting up the camera for certain shots (eg. what is correct exposure; how to meter; what shooting mode to use, etc).

- must be willing to mingle with others, else you go shoot by yourself, no need to add your name in here.

After shooting for about an hour +, we will break for breakfast, where we will offer a chance for critique of selected shots. This will give people a chance for some immediate feedback into possible 'faults'.

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07 (Not sure if I slot in here correctly :sweat:)

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
5) joshuachua79
7) Jeezuinn
8) dawngel
9) dawngel's friend
10) Aproz
Priority given to 1st-timer newbies. I reserve the right to move people out of the newbies list if I deem they are not really that new (i.e. attended a few previous outings. Should have learnt something). If independent list is full, then I'll just kick you out So be warned...

Reserves List:
1) kurniled
2) bananah
3) arctos
4) jeanthemean

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Try not to put your name down then cancel at the last minute. It makes life difficult for me. I like my life to be easy

- Copy the name list, add your name in the appropriate section, and post. Please send me a PM with your mobile number, with the subject "Newbie Outing (Part 15)

- DON'T expand the reserve list beyond 4 people! It's futile.. I will just ignore you.

Cheers!

1. If you put your name down, you are expected to show up. These outings get packed really quickly and seniors take time to show up to guide you. Show some respect to the seniors and the people on reserve waiting to join. If you sign up and did not turn up without due notice, you will be blacklisted and will be banned from any other of our outings in the future.

2. This is a sign up thread only. Do not discuss anything here. Please check for the LAST POST before signing up. People who do not sign up in the proper manner will have their names removed without notice.

3. We reserve the right to cancel the outing, remove any names from signup, or switch the outing time or location with due notice.

Hi All I found out that I have to go Malaysia for urgent matters. Will have to miss this opportunity.

My lost is YOUR gain!!

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
5)
7) Jeezuinn
8) dawngel
9) dawngel's friend
10) Aproz

THINGS TO BRING:

-----------------

3) Morning lights

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07 (Not sure if I slot in here correctly )

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
5) weegk (and wife - only 1 camera)
6) Jeezuinn
7) dawngel
8) dawngel's friend
9) Aproz
10)

Reserves List:
1) kurniled
2) bananah
3) arctos
4) jeanthemean

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Cheers!

When there's a vacancy, shouldn't the reserves get moved up instead of leaving an empty slot for others to fill in?

--------TO SIGN UP COPY FROM HERE---------

THINGS TO BRING:

-----------------

3) Morning lights

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
6) Jeezuinn
7) dawngel
8) dawngel's friend
9) Aproz
10) kurniled

Reserves List:
1) bananah
2) arctos
3) jeanthemean
4)

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Cheers!

---------------COPY TILL HERE--------------------------------------------

Scubagolfer and actocs, Thanks for helping to clear things up.

Mimik07, Great to have you onboard!!! Welcome!

Oh Heck, here we go again! :bsmilie:

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
5) joshuachua79
7) johnbosco
8)
9)
10)

What is your problem John??!!!

This is the 3rd time you have done this!

Last edited:

THINGS TO BRING:

-----------------

3) Morning lights

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
6) Jeezuinn
7) dawngel
8) dawngel's friend
9) Aproz
10) kurniled

Reserves List:
1) bananah
2) arctos
3) jeanthemean
4)

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Cheers!

ALL DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO THIS OUTING WILL BE CONDUCTED HERE.
OTHERWISE, THE POST WILL BE CLOSED.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Received PM from John so adding him into the reserve list where he belongs.

THINGS TO BRING:

-----------------

3) Morning lights

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
6) Jeezuinn
7) dawngel
8) dawngel's friend
9) Aproz
10) kurniled

Reserves List:
1) bananah
2) arctos
3) jeanthemean
4) John Bosco

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Cheers!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

hi i hav added my name but reject may i no y is dat

Because the list is already full and you keep adding yourself to the list 3 times already. You have to look at the first or last post to see which is the latest list. I told you this twice already. I let it go the first time because you apologized. But now it is no excuse. With immediate effect you are BANNED from all our outings, activities and talks.

Thanks for your interest. You might find other avenues for outings and learning elsewhere.

Received PM from John so adding him into the reserve list where he belongs.

No Ghaz1. He is banned from all our activities. He does not belong anywhere in our lists with immediate effect.

THINGS TO BRING:

-----------------

3) Morning lights

'Seniors':
1) daredevil123
2) wildcat
3) ZerocoolAstra
4) Numnumball
5) korbidp3k
6) mimik07

'Newbies':
1) james8110
2) james8110's wife
3) frostiee
4) BarnabasNgai
6) Jeezuinn
7) dawngel
8) dawngel's friend
9) Aproz
10) kurniled

Reserves List:
1) bananah
2) arctos
3) jeanthemean
4)

1) ghaz1
2) songws
3) gravism
4) Coolthought
5) F2point8

Cheers!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

johnbosco said:
sori brother just now i learn how to add my name .. here after i wont do it coz i bought dis new dslr just coz snap club will help me ...more over i wont repeat dis again its already i bought da camera for past 2 month n i haven gone out .. i wont do it agian i m so sori brother

You disrupted the list 3 times. I explained to you 2 times. And yet you can still do it again. No, I will not listen to any more excuses. People who cannot understand simple instructions or don't bother to follow instructions are not welcomed in our outings. You have clearly demonstrated you cannot follow instructions, which means joining our outings will not add value to yourself, or the other newbies in general. You will probably affect the learning of other more deserving newbies.

I've made up my mind. Thanks for your interest and please do not bother me or other people on the list again. I wish you all the best in your new hobby.

Last edited:
if i do it again den u can really terminate me from other outing brother pls accept my mistake here after i wont repeat

You already did it 3 times. and each time you said you wouldn't do it again. Sorry dude, you just blew it. Too late. Sorry.

I kinda feel bad for mr johnbosco, coz I sense some enthusiasm to learn.
But enthusiasm isn't everything.
Perhaps your english is weak, and hence you can't understand the instructions that DD123 has spelt out very clearly.
Looking at the big picture, I think it'd be better for everyone if you did not attend this outing, as I can foresee you affecting everyone else who is also trying to learn.

What you need is someone to babysit you through the learning process, so I suggest you PAY some money and enrol for a course. Please don't create trouble for people who are organizing these events for FREE.

Last edited:
I kinda feel bad for mr johnbosco, coz I sense some enthusiasm to learn.
But enthusiasm isn't everything.
Perhaps your english is weak, and hence you can't understand the instructions that DD123 has spelt out very clearly.
Looking at the big picture, I think it'd be better for everyone if you did not attend this outing, as I can foresee you affecting everyone else who is also trying to learn.

What you need is someone to babysit you through the learning process, so I suggest you PAY some money and enrol for a course. Please don't create trouble for people who are organizing these events for FREE.

Well said! :thumbsup:

Scubagolfer and actocs, Thanks for helping to clear things up.

Mimik07, Great to have you onboard!!! Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome bro! Looking forward to next Saturday ;)

OK. PMs have been sent out to all attendees of this outing. People on reserve please wait. If there are people who drop out of the main list, I will start PMing you guys to take their places.

james8110 and weegk: Please share the homework with your wives so they can learn too.

dawngel: Please share the homework links with your friend so she can read up as well. Saw your pics on MBS. I was there too that morning but left early.

Status
Not open for further replies.