erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
aaj.jpg

25203_G.jpg

aag.jpg

aav.jpg

25275_G.jpg

Finally got a half decent shot of the Purple-throated though its heavily cropped. So finally, here are the 5 Sunbirds of Singapore.

Are these the only sunbirds in Singapore? A 3 years quest to have a good series of the 5 species takes alot of patience and determination. Well Done erwinx.

PS. Who says its boring? Go try it. ;)

erwinx said:
Finally got a half decent shot of the Purple-throated though its heavily cropped. So finally, here are the 5 Sunbirds of Singapore.

You call this half decent shots? no way man !! :D

And heavily cropped?? Wah lou... your cam 24MP one ah? You use what cam ah? I also wanna buy .... :D

The pictures are damm swee and sharp. Good shots !!! :thumbsup:

thanks for your kind comments.

Peng Eik, there is one more sunbird on the official singapore list, the Plain Sunbird Anthreptes Simplex It is rare and I haven't seen a single singapore photograph of it yet (it has been photographed in Johor tho') So these 5 species are generally what most people will be able to see.

Good collection! Any shots of the male Purple-throated sunbird is a good shot. They must be one of the hardest to find staying long enough to get a nice clean shot. Maybe you wanna do something to the eye - looks a bit wierd to me b'cos of the reflection or something.

You finally completed your sunbird task !

Great job :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A wonderful series I must say. I recently tried to take some sunbirds & find that it is extremely difficult because of the size of the birds and the fact that they hardly stay still for too long. These pictures are soooo good!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW, what abt the plain/ brown throated sunbird as shown in my other thread? Shouldn't this be included in the types of sunbirds in Singapore?

Digiman said:
BTW, what abt the plain/ brown throated sunbird as shown in my other thread? Shouldn't this be included in the types of sunbirds in Singapore?

Hi Digiman, plain/brown-throated sunbird is no.3 - note its brown or plain-coloured throat :)

erwinx said:
Hi Digiman, plain/brown-throated sunbird is no.3 - note its brown or plain-coloured throat :)
Wow, what a difference between the male (so colourful) and the female (so plain)! Thanks for the clarification. Got a lot to learn... :D

Congrats on your sunbird collection. ;)

erwinx, I like to extend an invitation to you. Pls contact me through my email at sgnature@hotmail.com
By the way ....... wonderful captures!
Rgrds.

Status
Not open for further replies.