Sultan of Brunei's 61st Birthday Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

janshim

Dec 17, 2006
www.shimworld.com

HM Birthday Celebrations © Jan Shim Photography

A foggy morning usually means one thing—a hot day—and this morning, it was unusually foggy in Seria where I live. Today, the residents of Belait district got an opportunity to meet and greet with the Sultan as His Majesty celebrated his 61st birthday in Kuala Belait who witnessed a vibrant display of colorful performances and confetti along with a massive crowd, each trying to get a good look at the event proceedings. The hot and sunny morning saw many with paper fans of various shapes and sizes including battery operated mini fan.

Past birthday celebrations have been held at a number of venues in the Belait district including the Brunei Shell Recreation Club (BSRC) but more often than not, it’s held at the vast padang of the Kuala Belait Recreation Club (KBRC). This year, it’s the Taman Jubli (Jubilee Park) a stone’s throw from KBRC and a smaller, intimate setup. His Majesty arrived in his usual manner donning a black leather jacket with custom embroidered “HB” on the top left [”HB” is short for Hassanal Bolkiah] Read more ....

Got display of Super cars a not? I want to see super cars... hahaha...

Lovely photos, Jan.

I have not been back in Brunei for the past three years, used to visit yearly prior. I suppose there's been much more development?

Status
Not open for further replies.