Suitable RH for dry box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfong

Dec 4, 2007
I just bought "Eco Dry" as recommend from some threads. As in the subject, wat is the suitable RH? Cos my had drop to 30%, will it be too dry for my 400D? Wat happen if it drops further?:eek:

open and close the dry box for a few seconds. the meter reading will take some time to respond...

recommended RH would be at about 45%-55%

Dont set the RH too low, may cause damage to your lens as it is too dry, yes, 45 to 55 is recommended(You may want to set it a bit lower if your cabinet is big and you open it often)
Cheer,

I just bought "Eco Dry" as recommend from some threads. As in the subject, wat is the suitable RH? Cos my had drop to 30%, will it be too dry for my 400D? Wat happen if it drops further?:eek:

Too low RH sometimes the lubricants can desiccate, and the synthetic rubber parts can start to age and crack

Ryan

Oh no... it drops less than 30% over a night.... I have sealed my "Eco Dry" in a ziploc and left a little opening... Thanks to all for giving your advise. Cheers

The 'Eco-Dry' absorbs a lot of moisture in the first 24 hours before the silica gels in there get saturated. What you can do is leave it outside for 24 hours after charging, then put it into your dry box.

This is what I use in my dry box. Some may say it's a pain to change all the time, and some will say it contains elements that will cause cancer, but the dry box plus silica gels solution works for me, I spend $3 a year and it suit me well (I do move from places to places quite a bit). :)

P4128503.jpg

The trouble is you have to constantly check it to make sure that it maintain at 45-55% :sweat:

The trouble is you have to constantly check it to make sure that it maintain at 45-55% :sweat:

This I agree, but with experience you will know when to check and change the silica gels. And besides, I'm sure those with electric dry cabinet also constantly check that their dry cabinet is maintained at 45-55%, so I guess it doesn't make a difference ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.