Suitable bag for D700 / 24-70 AF-S f2.8 combi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever u do, D700+24-70 f2.8, dun go for Lowepro slingshot series ya ... the cam can't stay in place when put sideways in bag cos of weight. Guess it applies to most bags with the design ... wanna try, bring combi to shop to test 1st :) Now I'm using Flipside 300 ... just :lovegrin: it. :thumbsup:

How about D700 / 14-24 / 24-70 / 70-200 / 50mm combi?
Any recommendation of suitable bag?

Currently I'm using Flipside 300. Find it difficult to squeeze in all the above in the bag.

wow u bring these out all the times?

unless is hiking or some rough activities then thick n heavy protection is needed... but for city shoot n walkabout domke padding is good enough...cam equip can take a knock or two inside the bag ...

:thumbsup: Second that

unless is hiking or some rough activities then thick n heavy protection is needed... but for city shoot n walkabout domke padding is good enough...cam equip can take a knock or two inside the bag ...

:thumbsup: Second that. That's why the founder design Domke

I am using Crumpler 6 mil..

D700 + 24-70 attached with hood reverse
70-300 at the side
+ MB10 not attached.. + sb900 out of the pouch
+ 50mm f1.4D

But thinking of 7 mil now.. Cos it really cramp, and once I attach the grip.. cannot put liao.

I uses the Crumpler 7 million to fits the following on my recent trip

1. D700 with MB-D10 on 24-70
2. 80-200
3. 14-24
4. 50 1.4D
5. some room for big blower, or squeeze in a water bottle.

It's the first time I packed them all in a bag, and man! it was really heavy after a few days.

But the the bag hold them well.

I've been using Think Tank. Top notch design & materials, and low profile. I normally use an Urban Disguise when I carry a D700 w/o MB-D10 mounted with 24-70, and also 14-24, filters, and the tiny SB400. I like this bag because it doesn't look like a camera bag. On hiking trip, I use the belt and some Modular bags, which are more comfortable for a long hike than a backpack.

Most of the time, I'm too lazy. I just carry D700 + and 24-70 with no bag. Of course, always stuff some plastic bags in my pocket just in case it rains.

Anyone finds LowePro Rezo 190AW good? It can carry camera with lens, 3 other lenses and 1 flash easily.

2. 80-200
3. 14-24
4. 50 1.4D

It's the first time I packed them all in a bag, and man! it was really heavy after a few days.

I second the 7 million dollar home too! Just a pity the new design has two buckles. Such inconvenient design!

Anyone finds LowePro Rezo 190AW good? It can carry camera with lens, 3 other lenses and 1 flash easily.

I tried this with D700 & 24-70mm attached resting on the base of the camera. The bottom of the bag bulged :eek:.

Last edited:
For backpacks, you can consider the Think Tank Photo Streetwalker series.

Lens mounted on camera body. Hood or no hood.
If your D700 comes with grip, get the PRO.

For shoulder bags, I stck to my trusted Domke F-2. Good for quick qction.

I love this outfit but need advice on a suitable bag to use. Need advice or ideals.

Requirements:

- Lens must be mounted to camera body. (hood mounted or not is optional but good if mounted)
- As small as feasible.
- Minimise unecessary stress on lens mount or pressure on front element. (Most bags like Lowepro stealth reporter 200AW or inverse 200AW will have the lens front element resting on the bottom of the bag taking the full weight of the lens and body.)

Bought a Lowepro 400 AW yesterday.

A D700, 24-70, 70-200 VR, 20mm and a SB 900 sit just nice. Both lens with lens' hook fully in place.

But it weights a total 0f 6.6kg nett. Never experience backpack and learning to use it.

Just for infor sharing.

I considered the flipside but decided to buy the Kata 3n1-20. I packed the lower compartment with d700, 24-70, sb800, 70-300, 20mm, and there's still room left for at least 2 more primes. The top compartment is free for more lenses if needed. Great bag, good size (approx same as flipside 300). You can use it as a sling, as well as back pack!

This is an interesting thread and I'm really interested to see a lot of votes in favour of the Flipside series.
I have just been searching the internet looking at bags and having not seen any "in the flesh" I thought the Slingshot or Fastpack might have been interesting because of their advertised speed on use.

Has anyone on the Forum tried either of the these two bag styles.

I will soon decide my D200 replacement - as soon as I get down to Singapore ... either D300 or D700.

If D700 I will be carrying the body, AF-S 24-70mm f2.8, AF-S 70-200mm f2.8, AF-S 50mm f1.4, AF 105mm Macro and SB600.

D300 will be the same except the 70 to 200 zoom will remain the VR model I currently have.

So I am also interested in picking up a new bag when I'm there.
Cheers,

I second the 7 million dollar home too! Just a pity the new design has two buckles. Such inconvenient design!

2. 80-200
3. 14-24
4. 50 1.4D

jus new to slr ...mayb want to buy a crumpler 6 mil..currently using lezo 190

hw do you all place the slr inside the bag? at first i tot is wif lens attaached n face down..but then my fren told me is the body below n lens upwards..

so i abit blur..need help to prevent spoilin my cam..
any sites or pic to help me wif those inert aslo..

thanz alot

Anyone have a good recommendation for all the above equipment (D700 + 24-70 + 70-200 + SB800) which can hold a laptop too?

Anyone have a good recommendation for all the above equipment (D700 + 24-70 + 70-200 + SB800) which can hold a laptop too?

computrekker AW.

i am using it for a D300 with Grip, 17-55, 70-200, SB-900, 15.6inch laptop.

Fits just nice, with enough space inside for limited future expansion for another spare body, 1 lens, 1 speedlight.

Thinktank's streetwalker harddrive.Much more durable than the Lowepro.

The 3 in 1 looks amazingly flexible in this video but is it too complex in the field? Is the padding comfortably placed when fully loaded as compared to Flipside?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZC6e7gSCKc

Status
Not open for further replies.