Suicide at Bidadari

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyfiddler

Sep 8, 2002
Was doing my long run at Bidadari Christian Cemetery, where a few clubsnappers had done their photo shots, just now when a few police cars came rolling in. I was curious and followed the police cars and then discovered that a man had hanged himself on one of the many trees in the cemetery. Sad. :bheart:

Originally posted by Porky Pig
Was doing my long run at Bidadari Christian Cemetery, where a few clubsnappers had done their photo shots, just now when a few police cars came rolling in. I was curious and followed the police cars and then discovered that a man had hanged himself on one of the many trees in the cemetery. Sad. :bheart:

so sad

huh? hanged himself in the cemetry on a tree? and sumone took photos ar?

Wah porky how long do you do your long run there.
Alot of gurkas train there.

Hi harvestsnow

Yes. A man hanged himself on a tree within the Christian cemetery. He left his motorbike, a Singaporean registered bike that is about 125cc or 250cc, nearby cos it is a bike that I have never seen parked at that place before. I usually go into the cemetery at least once a week to run and to enjoy the serenity, so I am very familiar with the cemetery layout.

The dead man use a yellow nylon rope to hang himself, with one end tied into a noose and the other end of the rope anchored at an angle statute just nearby the tree.

When I saw the body, it was covered at the face and the policemen and CD people around him, together with some Gurkhas that happened to be running at the same time as me.

Hi Dom7

Usually I run for at least one hour. That is about 6 rounds within the cemetery compound. Sometimes, I pushed it to 90 minutes of running. Ya. It is mostly the Gurkhas that run there. Sometimes, you get the occasional residents coming in for walks.

Eversince the authorities boarded up the cemetery, it is more difficult to come into the cemtery but it is still accessible from the main gate along Upp Serangoon Road, just opposite Upp Serangoon Secondary School!

I am usually there at about 4.30pm onwards over the weekends. U cant miss me jogging cos I am the only one jogging with my sleeveless shirt tugged out as the gurkhas mostly tugged in their t-shirts when they run!

Status
Not open for further replies.