Suggestions for Video/Photo Wedding shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
Hi All,

I am having a combined wedding video and photo shoot this month end with a couple. Wonder if anybody would know a few places of nature to shoot in Singapore. Especially places with lot grassy(tall) land. :dunno:

Singapore Botanic Gardens? Juz goto the Visitor's Office and ask for permission before shooting. Joyous occasion, I dun think the staff will be nasty and make things difficult for you.

Fort Canning? Its a nice quaint place.

If u want something out of the blue, try Old Changi Hospital. But juz take it that I'm blabbering nonsense. :p

Or how about the long straight road beside Changi Airport where u can see the runway? Maybe a quick shot or 2 den quickly run. Dun stay there too long or mata arrest u, thought u terrorist or wad. :p

Changi Beach? It'll look good if u can capture a moment with a plane flying overhead. ;)

Sentosa looks nice too. But its a little far though.

Ponggol? I think there's a jetty where they dock lotsa boats. It'll do nice for an outdoor shot too.

Pulau Ubin would be great if u want a 'back to nature' thing?

Take in mind that I do not have any shooting experience with wedding so I may not have an inkling of how horrible it is to prepare logistics for such stuff. :D

Thanks buddy, except for the 'Old Changi Hospital', I'll take a look. I'll leave the Old Changi Hospital for goth wedding.....haha :bsmilie:

Old Changi Hospital...

Actually its good if u wanna give it a mysterious feel to the whole thing, shooting in black and white methinks. :D

Of cos, if u want something really Singaporean, can try under the void deck. U noe? Where there's this open field between blocks of flats and u get all those clothes hanging around.

But it sounds crazy, but so far I'd seen all those dreamy looking shots so the crazy side in me thought of something out of this world. :confused:

U want the Cheena look, maybe can try those Chinese Temples like Tien Hock Temple, etc. There's a large chinese temple in Toa Payoh too. Quite old and famous. Located around Toa Payoh central, right beside the expressway and its in between blocks of flats. Not sure of the name though.

Though Old Changi Hospital gives a good feel to it

not a good choice due to the fact that it is a hospital and there are people who die in it. Old people esp the bride and groom parents may not be open to this.

Clear the doubt on this issue with the bride and groom if Old Changi Hospital is in the list of venue to shoot.

Actually I wanted something universally indistinguishable. That's meant only nature, no building nor something that looked remotely like you are in Singapore.

Its hard to find such places as we have building/roads almost everywhere.

Ah, I guess Choa Chu Kang with all the farm can do the trick. Of cos, if u want a really morbid photo, try the cemetry (ok, ignore me. That's my crazy side talking again).

Seletar Camp too. The main guardroom is gone now. I believe u shldn't have any problems with shooting inside. But den apply the principle of shoot and scoot. There's this large, very nice field at the road along to West Camp. Once u enter the camp, u'll see a roundabout they call 'Picadally Circle'. Go left at the junction, and go left-left-left all the way until u can see a long stretch of road with a wide field on the right side of the road.

It rox for those outdoor shoots.

But take note its raining these dayz, so the bride might be aghast at the idea of enduring mosquitos, snails, and all da creepy crawlies on the field.

If you like tall trees, you can try at Lim Chu Kang end. There is a wooden pier (it was introduced in Zao Bao 2 days back). Most of the surrounding there are untouched.

Status
Not open for further replies.