suggestions for shooting couples during Vday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YiJ

Feb 9, 2004
Singapore
hi all, i am a newbie. i want to shoot a photo essay of couples and the gifts they sell during Vday. any suggestions on how to take some interesting shots?
Thanx~~ ;)

hi..

maybe u wanna to hav a specific theme for yrself..
wat do u wan to achieve? capturing their mood?
capturing as an special day event? or??

hmm think some couples may dislike the idea of ppl snapping them without their consent.. so may wan to take note of that? ;p

probably u can try to attend some events or activities organised by some
organisation or wat? hmm try SDU or wat website.. maybe they hav some activities going on that day..;p

or if not.. u may wan to try esplanade.. think they hav some outdoor actitivites around there.. ;)

happy shooting.. :)

i want to capture it as a special event
Esplanade have stuff going on?? Ok! will go n see~~

i know ppl dun like to b e snapped without their consent. So i have an idea of setting up a tripod in Orchard and have a sign saying Free shooting for Couples, den send to their email.
Is this a gd idea??

That is a generous thought really. I'm kind of sceptical though - if you receive very very good response, you will have a lot of work to do after shooting many many couples!

But that could be an interesting thing to do. Previously somebody approached strangers on the street and took portraits of them for a workshop - it's a self-driven project.

I suggest a good pair of running shoes and geared in Skeleton Photography Order for quick escapes!

YiJ said:
i know ppl dun like to b e snapped without their consent. So i have an idea of setting up a tripod in Orchard and have a sign saying Free shooting for Couples, den send to their email.
Is this a gd idea??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: gd ideas.. hee.. well i think ppl dun mind posing for u so long they know they are not being spied on..

hmm.. but wont that be lotsa posed shots.. rather than natural shots.. ?
well.. well.. or wat ppl do is .. once they took it.. they approach the couple and show them the pic.. ask for their consent to keep the pic for yr work.. and promise to send them a copy??

juz an suggestion.. ;p

hmm i'm not sure esplanade will have an event there.. juz a wild guess.. :dunno:
think u better check their official website..
esplanade

nillujube said:
I suggest a good pair of running shoes and geared in Skeleton Photography Order for quick escapes!

haha, thats a gd idea!! guess i muz dress up for running purpose liao~ ;)

hehe, thanx siaoon
ya, it will b more like poised shots liao lor... but den maybe some more outgoing couples will do somethin more daring??
hope they do..... *pray*

btw, juz askin a qns. how do u choose a gd tripod??

Status
Not open for further replies.