Suggestions for omnibounce usage .. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hie Guys,

Just wondering is there an appropriate way of using the omnibounce ? I realise that when pointing the flash head towards the ceiling, even without a ceiling, there is frontal light, solid stuff. How do you guys use this ... 45 deg head up ? direct ? or straight up to the ceiling for more bounce ? This thing sucks up flash output by alot, some pics will be under when use with f8 and larger.

marcwang said:
Hie Guys,

Just wondering is there an appropriate way of using the omnibounce ? I realise that when pointing the flash head towards the ceiling, even without a ceiling, there is frontal light, solid stuff. How do you guys use this ... 45 deg head up ? direct ? or straight up to the ceiling for more bounce ? This thing sucks up flash output by alot, some pics will be under when use with f8 and larger.

BTW, in your signature..... it's spelt "lens" and not "lense".

I dun know about shooting it straight up...... cos the amount of light actually reaching the subject is pretty little. Most people I see use it at 45 degrees or thereabouts..... the angle depends also on how far u are from the subject. I dun like it cos my shots are always under...... maybe bec my flash GN is low...... need to stand very close to the subject..... I tried straight on and there wasn't much difference in terms of how diffused the light was from without the bounce...... how's your experience? How far are u from your subject when u shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.