Suggest Location for a 2pm shoot in town area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eunene

Feb 8, 2007
Hi folks

Need your help.

Have to do a group foto for 12 pax as well as each and everyone's individual portrait. The group can only meet at 2pm on a Saturday...which means the sun is blazing hot and lots of glare and strong contrasts.

I'm thinking of moving it indoors, under shade or in air-con area. Would like your suggestions for such places. (To avoid the 2pm sun!)

This are a few i could think of:-
1) China Square with its unique architecture and indoor streets.
2) Central Library Foyer, its huge, its shady and we can also pose in the library if we are quiet!
3) National Museum, might need a paid permit but I rem shooting inside before. High ceilings.
4) Fort Canning Club, air-conditioned and nice environment
5) Arts House (Old Parliament House) / Asian Civilisation Museusm / Victoria Theatre - the city hall area has got good shooting sites. Can even shoot inside Fullerton Hotel.

What do you guys think?

Any information on what body and lens you'll be using?

For individual portraits, my preference will be crazy bokeh so the background, as long as it doesn't match the individuals' clothes, will be fine for me.

Any information on what body and lens you'll be using?

For individual portraits, my preference will be crazy bokeh so the background, as long as it doesn't match the individuals' clothes, will be fine for me.

I'm using a Nikon D90 and a spare D70 body.

I will prob use the 50mm f/1.8 for the portraiture.

I have a Tokina 28-80mm f/2.8 for group shot...but i prob will shoot at f5.6 or higher.

I'm also gonna loan a 10.5mm fisheye from a friend for more unique angles. Might have to attach the fisheye permanently on the D70. Dun wanna keep changing lens...

I'm more worried about the hot weather...I dun want my subjects to perspire through things. I am also going to be in the pictures...so tripod mandatory and getting another fren to shoot also.

Must of the places I suggest so far...have got greyish or whitish pillar and walls as backgrounds. Any places you can recommend too? Shoot is 2 weeks away...I still got time to recce.

Do it in the studio lah. I also will be collaborating for tons of fun in studio during that time.

studio sounds like a good bet.

Another location I can think of is the Lasalle College, just opposite sim lim square.
Can meet at the cafe over there to hang out and keep cool.
Once everything set-up, then all come out to take the group photo.
There are steps and ramps and stuff to make use of.

SMU campus is another possibility.

2pm is :sweat::sweat: EXTREMELY hot...
but even in the evening, I'll still sweat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.