Subprime issue in the financial markets and your shares

Who suffered from recent meltdown?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why we should not see a rebound soon?

bad news kept coming.. many from banks and housing debts... how to rebound ?

expecting a panic selling on local bourse this coming monday... cheap cheap coming. :thumbsup:

my bad feel is that the support level is around 3,580 ..... :think:
so still got a long way down .... (hope i am wrong!)

my bad feel is that the support level is around 3,580 ..... :think:
so still got a long way down .... (hope i am wrong!)

yap.. think the other way > before u can have a new year rally, u need to 'reset' the market to zero first. ;)

At least I know that I have not been saying silly things.

A point to note, even when there is growth, it does not mean that the growth is spread evenly in every sector. Even if there is growth in a particular sector, it does not automatically qualify every company in that sector to benefit fromthe growth.

Just wondering will this be another similar cycle of Tora.. Tora.. Tora.
Peaking 1~2 years before the doom... 1973~4 / 1985~6 / 1997~8..:sweat:

spend less and save more from now on, forget those luxury lenses and new camies for time being.

the american banks are showing more losses from credit markets which were not revealed weeks ago.

i see a greater possibility of recession now, inflation is coming real, we may be seeing a surge in prices everywhere in months to come

Asian Markets Dive, Nikkei Wipes Out 2007 Gains

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21741922

wow... i just love the words they used, WIPES OUT ! :sweat:

Nikkei no big deal, it was in negative territory until the recent run up. I would be worried if it was the local stock market, and terribly terribly worried if it was any of China's main indices.

BTW, I read a South China Morning Post article, it quoted an analyst as saying that the Chinese stock market now acounts for about 45% of Mainland China's financial assets, up from about 9% at the end of 2005, putting in on par with developed markets. Seperately, the market capitalisation of the Shanghai and Shenzhen markets is now a whopping 35 trillion yuan, up from 6.5 trillion yuan a year ago, while local deposits are 16 trillion yuan. In other words, most people have already moved their money into the local stock market, and there will limited room for gains.

it'll be a risk if the chinese stock market crashes big time. might slowdown chinese growth, especially on the consumer side.

it'll be a risk if the chinese stock market crashes big time. might slowdown chinese growth, especially on the consumer side.

It's very hard to tell how everything will play out, the recent falls that we see are due primarily to the economic uncertainty in the US plus some policy intervention by China i.e. rate hikes and delaying the accessibility of the Hong Kong markets to mainland Chinese. I have not seen how the figures for Chinese and Indian consumers compare to those of the US, if any of you have come across some figures, please point them out to us!

what u see is just the beginning.. :sweat:

a bit OT. I heard from the news today that inflation in SG is 4% - 5%. while our interest rate is much lower than this rate.

that give us a negative return if we do any savings. that is really bad situation. Not sure what policy MAS is running here.

I read that it is to allow the SGD to appeciate, inflation is caused partly be increase in commodity prices which we cannot control as well as property prices which we can. The problem with increase in commodity prices is that the markets allow for that element of speculation, and when it does, prices gets pushed up to levels that should not necessarily be so.

I read that it is to allow the SGD to appeciate, inflation is caused partly be increase in commodity prices which we cannot control as well as property prices which we can. The problem with increase in commodity prices is that the markets allow for that element of speculation, and when it does, prices gets pushed up to levels that should not necessarily be so.

Parchiao... the situation is now in a deadlock.

There is no way out from entering the danger zone, uncle sam is likely to kiss recession.

Cut rates to save banks and also cause commodities to surge !? inflation loh !

a bit OT. I heard from the news today that inflation in SG is 4% - 5%. while our interest rate is much lower than this rate.

that give us a negative return if we do any savings. that is really bad situation. Not sure what policy MAS is running here.

bad ? i tell u.. in 1997-8 , when Thai Baht fell.... we already very chia lak.

now we had this US dollar.... the whole world is being choked. :sweat:

I can see buyers coming in.

Sell down creates buying opportunities.

Huat! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.