stupidest cam gear purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrmariano

Oct 18, 2007
Rivervale
guys, would you mind sharing your stupidest cam gear purchase or regret buying it that made you say "if only i could turn back time".;)

let me start...

when i purchased 400D (nothing to do with performance). i knew that it has not so good ergonomics but im eager to buy my 1st dslr at that time.

but cant wait any longer to save more for 40D. so i ended up loosing some cash value upgrading to 40D.:cry:

i could have waited for another 3 weeks.:(

For me, 7 years ago a Vitacon teleconverter that I bought for one of my early cameras. No clue why I bought it.:)

A Seagull 1x/2.5x Right Angle Finder ..... thought of using it for Macro. But only used it once :(

buying 40D in a 'package' complete with and ugly bag, silly tripod and other things that I didnt really use.. it cost me much more tsk...

switching from Pentax Ist DL->Canon 20D->NikonD70s->Canon30D->Pentaxk100D->Canon1DMk II :cry:
imagine all the $ i could have saved

somehow i think this thread is more at home at kopitam...

I guess we can learning from the mistakes of others. And how to better spend our bucks :bsmilie:

Ryan

switching from Pentax Ist DL->Canon 20D->NikonD70s->Canon30D->Pentaxk100D->Canon1DMk II :cry:

wow ... change system 5 times. :thumbsup:

so which system for you is the best? =)

hoho... Buying my D80 in the silly package during the Nikon sale. MAde it more expensive than it would be otherwise

Wow.... and I thought I had it Bad.... :sweat:

My stupidest cam gear purchase is the EF300mm f2.8

18 months i managed to use only 4 times :cry: and only at the zoo :bsmilie::bsmilie:

my stupid mistake was, bought a grey set d40 kit instead of a local set because i was desperate to pick up a 2nd hand d40.
now i know...gd things are worth the wait.
the seller on the spot then tell me is grey set, should have just walk away instead.
anyway is my bad that i did not ask him via sms before the deal whether it was a local set.

Last edited:
Tokina 20-35 for me.... tot I needed a wide, but used it so rarely...

haiz

i've got a list of items which can be classified under the stupidest camera things ever bought. here goes...

1. Seagull angle-finder
2. Hoya +4 Close-up filter
3. Nikon adapters for reverse macro

all used less than three times and now sitting in some dark corner of my dry cabinet.

EF 75-300mm.

Used it less than 5 times because the IQ was so lousy. Ended up buying an L. Wasted $300

heres another one...

Sigma 18-200 OS. i already knew that super zooms are abit poor on IQ but still want a super zoom lens so i bought it.:)

i was right, unsharp images are obvious even on 2" lcd's. i sold it after a week.:(

still abit lucky coz i only lose very small amout. its just like renting the lens for 1week for the price of 1day.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.