Stupid question? : good to use bounce flash for wedding photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
i've been thinking about this for quite some time. couldnt relaly figure out the answer so i'm posting here.

if bounce flash is used, more pwoer is used up and the flash takes longer to recharge. e.g. for the 550ex its 6 secs on full power flash. non bounce flash recharges very fast, i think one can shoot 6-7 shots before the flash sucks power again from the batts.

if shooting indoor weddings say in a church, is it recommended (advisable?) then to use bounce flash? because then one may miss some shots waitin for the flash to recharge. esp things like the putting on the rings (which lasts only a few secs) to the kiss (another few secs), i'm just wondering out loud how safe bounce flash is.

of course lets not talk abt the hammer head with the lead battery thing here. just speaking abt normal high pwr flashes alone (550ex, 580ex, sigma 500, sb-800).

wld like to hear your views. thanks guys :)

no doubt bounce flash make the lighting looks more natural, but it really hav to depend on applications.........

The last wedding I attended, the uncle photographer was using a white card bent slightly forward with the flash mounted straight up for all table shots.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
i've been thinking about this for quite some time. couldnt relaly figure out the answer so i'm posting here.

if bounce flash is used, more pwoer is used up and the flash takes longer to recharge. e.g. for the 550ex its 6 secs on full power flash. non bounce flash recharges very fast, i think one can shoot 6-7 shots before the flash sucks power again from the batts.

if shooting indoor weddings say in a church, is it recommended (advisable?) then to use bounce flash? because then one may miss some shots waitin for the flash to recharge. esp things like the putting on the rings (which lasts only a few secs) to the kiss (another few secs), i'm just wondering out loud how safe bounce flash is.

of course lets not talk abt the hammer head with the lead battery thing here. just speaking abt normal high pwr flashes alone (550ex, 580ex, sigma 500, sb-800).

wld like to hear your views. thanks guys :)
Use a bounce card and go closer. The further you are, the more flash power you'll need..

mpenza said:
for one, it's pretty bulky ;p I need a big bag just to bring it along.

And you get all the funny (not so funny after second time) comments about beer mugs. At least better than the last "toilet" joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.