Studio Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapnshoot

Dec 23, 2004
hi,

i am thinking for setting up a home studio. took a look at the bowen ( 2 x 500w, at Ruby) kit and elinchrom (600w, at Cathay). Cannot decide on which ones. Will be shooting mainly protrait and product shots.

Read from the threads that SLCC now brings in Multiblitz, a german brand. how's the review? anyone use them bf?

I am also thinking of a third light (for hair light, background), any suggestion? the sale person at Cathay advises me to get a 1200s flash head, costing 1.8k. said that may need it later for group shots, also worthwhile to get cos the 300 w one already cost abt 1.3k? think it's an overkill for home studio? shld i get a lower power flash head instead?

any kind advise from the pros out there? thanks alot.

snapnshoot said:
hi,

i am thinking for setting up a home studio. took a look at the bowen ( 2 x 500w, at Ruby) kit and elinchrom (600w, at Cathay). Cannot decide on which ones. Will be shooting mainly protrait and product shots.

Read from the threads that SLCC now brings in Multiblitz, a german brand. how's the review? anyone use them bf?

I am also thinking of a third light (for hair light, background), any suggestion? the sale person at Cathay advises me to get a 1200s flash head, costing 1.8k. said that may need it later for group shots, also worthwhile to get cos the 300 w one already cost abt 1.3k? think it's an overkill for home studio? shld i get a lower power flash head instead?

any kind advise from the pros out there? thanks alot.

Drop by SLCC and chat with Stanley. He will be able to advise you better :) I am SURE u ve a budget.

1 1000w
2 500w

enuff liao
dun waste money on anything less than 500w

Status
Not open for further replies.