Studio Model Shoot - Oct 4 & 18


Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#1
Hi I am organizing studio model photo shoot on October 4 & 18, if you are interested to join, pm or email or sms me.

Date : Oct 4 & 18 (Saturday)
Time : 2-6pm
Location : studio
Cost : $60 per photog per shoot
Ratio : max 8 photogs to 1 model; each photog will have 2 sessions, each session will be 10 minutes.

Here is some fine details about the studio model shoot:

Details about the model: we hire professional model, with proper make-up and clothing, typically 1 set of formal and 1 set of casual.

Details about the studio: the shooting area is 14 feet wide and 26 feet long, with 10 feet celing height, we have 3x Bowen studio flash and 3x color backdrop paper (grey/black/white), and some props, the photog just need to bring the camera with his fav lens, we will provide a Infra-red trigger and sync cord.

Details about the shooting: the shooting is on a queue system, meaning 1 photog will shoot first, while the rest 7 will stay away in another room. Each photog will have 10 minutes on his own with the model, he will need to guide the model to pose whatever he likes, and communicate directly with the model. This is like a 1-to-1 session shoot. After the 1st round is completed, we will ask the model to change to 2nd clothing and we will also change the lighting and backdrop color and start the 2nd round. (another 10 minutes)

What do you do when you are not shooting and just waiting: we provide many photo magazines and fashion magazines for everyone to read, or you can go outside to smoke your cigarette, but in our past shoots, most people would just sit around and chit-chat about photography & equipment. Afterall this is our common interest.

What basic equipment you need: you need a camera with either a hot-shoe or a x-sync connector, and a lens, and some films or memory cards, and some batterys, everything else will be provided by the studio.

Whether you are beginners or experienced photogs, all are welcome! pm or email or sms me.
 

Matrix

New Member
Jun 1, 2003
666
0
0
35
Seng Kang Town
Visit site
#3
Had received ur PM abt this.

But I got no experience shooting in studio. Will Newbie be guided ? and What Lens should I use?
 

pisces25

New Member
Nov 8, 2002
330
0
0
#4
newbies uses canon EOS 10D ?

:eek:
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#6
Matrix said:
Had received ur PM abt this.

But I got no experience shooting in studio. Will Newbie be guided ? and What Lens should I use?
Me and my partner will set up the light and background. You only need to direct the model to pose. You have a few options:
1. Cut out magazine photos and show to the model; or
2. Ask the model to pose freely and you shoot along the way; or
3. Ask me or my partner to stay while you shoot, we can give a few pointers, when are you ok, you can chase me out. :bsmilie:
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#7
As spoken, am interested :D but using webcam and torchlight :D
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#8
espn said:
As spoken, am interested :D but using webcam and torchlight :D
Yours is not a webcam lah, I was using Sony F717 when I started the studio shoot 6 months ago. And some of our members are using Fuji S602. Don't worry.
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#9
*espn covers his eyes and signs in blood...

Namelist for Oct model shoot.

Oct 4:
1. espn
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

Oct 18:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#11
Sausage said:
Is there any particular theme for this shoot?
This is a normal studio model shoot, we hire the model, set up studio lighting, and shoot all the way. Normally the first 10 minutes is casual dress and high key, the second 10 minutes is formal long dress and low key.
 

#12
im interested

but den i feel 10mins is kinda short...im new to this sort of photography and im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins :dunno:


ahahah
 

zod

New Member
Mar 30, 2003
1,279
0
0
#13
Astin said:
This is a normal studio model shoot, we hire the model, set up studio lighting, and shoot all the way. Normally the first 10 minutes is casual dress and high key, the second 10 minutes is formal long dress and low key.
dun mind me what's high and low key?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#14
AqUaRiU5 said:
im interested
but den i feel 10mins is kinda short...im new to this sort of photography and im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins :dunno:
ahahah
Long or short is relative. If you prepare well in advance, know what you gonna shoot, then 10 minutes is just nice. Statistically, in most of our studio shoots, ppl shoot about 1 roll of 36 exposures in 10 minutes.

I can tell you are anxious, "i feel 10mins is kinda short" vs "im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins" :D

Dont worry, we are a bunch of friendly guys and shooting for fun only. The main purpose is for individual photographers to build up their own portfolios. (another purpose is to get all photographers together to spend another lazy Sat afternoon debating Nikon vs Canon, digital vs film, you know, that kind of endless and harmless debate. :D )
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#16
*rubs hands in glee* Wooo debate Nikon VS Canon? :devil:

*thinking of smashing all the Canon cameras there* :bsmilie: Just kidding.

10mins with studio lighting I presume the AF should be faster, I hope I can do it.

*jumps into the yellow river*

:bsmilie:
 

#17
Astin said:
Long or short is relative. If you prepare well in advance, know what you gonna shoot, then 10 minutes is just nice. Statistically, in most of our studio shoots, ppl shoot about 1 roll of 36 exposures in 10 minutes.

I can tell you are anxious, "i feel 10mins is kinda short" vs "im afraid i might not be able to make full use of the 10mins" :D

Dont worry, we are a bunch of friendly guys and shooting for fun only. The main purpose is for individual photographers to build up their own portfolios. (another purpose is to get all photographers together to spend another lazy Sat afternoon debating Nikon vs Canon, digital vs film, you know, that kind of endless and harmless debate. :D )

hahahha
yeah quite true...anxious and inexperienced...hehe...what do u think i should be prepared for?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#18
AqUaRiU5 said:
hahahha
yeah quite true...anxious and inexperienced...hehe...what do u think i should be prepared for?
Read up some woman magazines like Elle, Cleo, etc. Focus on the photos and think how the pose was done. You can also prastice yourself in front of a mirror, then on the shoot day, show the model how to do it. She will have more confidence in you when you demonstrate the pose directly.
 

#20
Astin said:
Read up some woman magazines like Elle, Cleo, etc. Focus on the photos and think how the pose was done. You can also prastice yourself in front of a mirror, then on the shoot day, show the model how to do it. She will have more confidence in you when you demonstrate the pose directly.
hmmm

by the way u organise your model shoots...i have this perception that you are a professional studio photographer..hahaha
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom