Stress over wat to buy D80, D200 or D300

Status
Not open for further replies.
stress is directly proportional to what you can afford.

if $ is not a problem, just go for top of the range and you will be stress free.

to be honest, having a good eye is more important than choosing which cam to buy.
i believe the main advantage of d300 over the other 2 will be the ISO noise control.
at least, that's the only difference i see significant.

stress is directly proportional to what you can afford.

if $ is not a problem, just go for top of the range and you will be stress free.

to be honest, having a good eye is more important than choosing which cam to buy.
i believe the main advantage of d300 over the other 2 will be the ISO noise control.
at least, that's the only difference i see significant.

hmmm, agree agree. i shall think about D300 than, i have just tried my friend D80 and i feel that its not wat i want compared to a D300. but i wannna get my hands on D700 man, just to get a feel of it.

if your learning curve is gd then go straight for the d300, king of DX now.
once the d700 is launch in sg, the d300 price will fall a bit.
gd things come to those who wait.
no money then go for d80 cos the noise performance is at least better than d200.

no money then go for d80 cos the noise performance is at least better than d200.

ok, i shall wait for D700 launch and for D300 price to down down down first =)

buy the best you can afford, u won't regret.:bsmilie:

ya, buy the best you can afford or 'feel like paying' (some can afford but just do not feel like paying the price point).

gd things come to those who wait.

Sorry what do you mean noise performance of d80 is better than d200? Are there any reviews on this or is it your better judgement?

Sorry what do you mean noise performance of d80 is better than d200? Are there any reviews on this or is it your better judgement?

i own a D80, and i think the noise control on the D80 is scary. at iso 800 i get noise levels i would deem almost unacceptable. but then again i was in really baaaad light conditions so maybe its just me.

i own a D80, and i think the noise control on the D80 is scary. at iso 800 i get noise levels i would deem almost unacceptable. but then again i was in really baaaad light conditions so maybe its just me.

Er so meaning to say?? D80 noise performance is better or worse than a D200?

Er so meaning to say?? D80 noise performance is better or worse than a D200?

dunno. haha i've never laid hands on a d200. just opining that the D80's noise performance ain't spectacular.

you can go pixel peep between images from reviews over at dcresource.com and decide.
try pixel-peeper.com also.

Just keep in mind also your purpose for buying a camera coz this plays a big role on your decision. If your planning to go professional with it and maybe do business with it someday then go buy d700 or d3 Otherwise go look for more of a hobby type model like d60 or d80 coz it's much more lighter and handy. Why pay for so much features in a cam body that you wont be even needing, you might as well invest on some good fast Lenses for long investments. Just my two cents... ;)

Just keep in mind also your purpose for buying a camera coz this plays a big role on your decision. If your planning to go professional with it and maybe do business with it someday then go buy d700 or d3 Otherwise go look for more of a hobby type model like d60 or d80 coz it's much more lighter and handy. Why pay for so much features in a cam body that you wont be even needing, you might as well invest on some good fast Lenses for long investments. Just my two cents... ;)

well, its actually a hobby that i took up and i dun mind goin professional but i need to get a feel in professional standards that y i am upgrading. but i really wanna get to use the D700 before deciding cuz everyone seems to be talking about it.;p

oh ya, i have been doing a lot of research this few days on this topic. thinking that i should go slow on something new cuz using a d60 and d80 is a totally new think and different thing. in a way more professional in standards. and compared to d60 and d80 class of camera, i would say i have to learn a lot more when upgrading and many many small things that i need to keep in knoledge like iso settings, noise reduction stuff shutter speed and many more things. hmmm how i wish there is a class for these stuff. haha =)

haha if i was in that category i'd buy a D3 and a D700, SB900, 105mm macro, 18-200mm VR , 85mm prime, and a gitzo. lets not be too greedy eh? haha

Eh...? Why using a DX lens for the FX body? Might as well get the D300 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.