Streets & Candids Selection by Michael Chan

photomatix is used to create the HDR (High Dynamic Range) image u see
read more on HDR here
After I produced the HDR image, juz tweaked slightly in photoshop to get the final output u see above

Oh.. thanks for the effort. :)
and step by step thing that i can learn or follow? cos im not good at some terms.. :)

2336635597_7311d0d293_o.jpg

Good perspectives! I like 2nd (crossing), 3rd (tight shot), and 5th (chinatown). Was HDR applied to 5 as well? Noticed some darkening around the rightmost buildings. What caused that?

Also like the shot of the sleeping old man, especially the multi-colored shophouses - made perfect with the presence of the Yellow Hatch - excellent timing!

Good perspectives! I like 2nd (crossing), 3rd (tight shot), and 5th (chinatown). Was HDR applied to 5 as well? Noticed some darkening around the rightmost buildings. What caused that?

Also like the shot of the sleeping old man, especially the multi-colored shophouses - made perfect with the presence of the Yellow Hatch - excellent timing!

thanks alot ALBear2 and yes, HDR was applied to 5.

did an impromptu photo project for my company today. here's the result
no prep done.. if i had more time, would have used a paper bag instead! haha

2339952379_2f937b4565_o.jpg

more can be found at my blog

this is a keeper;)

Thanks vincecarlo, that is one of my fav ;)

how do i achieve this? many thanks.

erm.... that was shot using 5D and 85mm F1.2L, @ f1.2, 1/1600sec, ISO640. Only tweaked the levels slightly to give better contrast with photoshop and resized.

did an impromptu photo project for my company today. here's the result
no prep done.. if i had more time, would have used a paper bag instead! haha

more can be found at my blog

cool... nice series:bsmilie:

erm.... that was shot using 5D and 85mm F1.2L, @ f1.2, 1/1600sec, ISO640. Only tweaked the levels slightly to give better contrast with photoshop and resized.

wow... upgraded to 5D already ar...$$$:bsmilie: always wanted to get a f1.2 as well... love the shallow depth of field...

cool... nice series:bsmilie:

wow... upgraded to 5D already ar...$$$:bsmilie: always wanted to get a f1.2 as well... love the shallow depth of field...

thanks alot bro :D
u went missing for a bit
but i see u comin back with a vengence ah! lots of nice IR shots
especially love the tortoise in pond shot! :)

I am totally broke after the purchase!! haha
actually am using both cams concurrently...
but 5D has lovely colour and saves alot o time during editin so has become my number 1 choice now. still prefer the handling of 40D though

many thanks.