Storing of DSLR and Lens.

Just to tag on. Do you guys usually remove the lens from the body when putting into the dry cabinet? Is that necessary?

Just to tag on. Do you guys usually remove the lens from the body when putting into the dry cabinet? Is that necessary?

Well... I never did remove my lens from the body when keeping it in the dry cabinet. I think it is okay.

No, and has been asked about 200 times before. Please do try a search next time so that everything people have previously shared does not go to waste, OK?

Hi guys, I have a question to ask. I have been storing my lens and DSLR in a dry cabinet. However i put a printer on top of my dry cabinet (no space in the house alr). And this striked me recently that, will the vibration from the printer during printing cause the lens glasses to shift and also affect my DSLR? Should i do something about it? Thanks!

Its ok... perfectly safe.

On the contrary, the best way of taking care of your camera gear is to use them regularly.

Regards,

Hart

I only do that when I run out of space... and it happens a lot.

no need. unless u run out of space..

if user is using legacy lenses with flange to depress the aperture spring-loaded lever/button, yes. the lenses and adapter should be decoupled for the spring to enjoy tension relief .

same idea as handgun magazine should be stored unloaded of rounds , or else spring too tensed over long period, suffer from plastic deformation

Every time you print a page, the vibrations will send minor tremors to your lenses which will go out of alignment a bit and the screws get unscrew bit by bit, by the time you go thru a stack of A4, all your lenses would had fallen apart. Glued parts might dislodge and fall away too.

Such is the power of printers. Such, is the power of paranoidism and love of perfect condition gear. Such is...

Ok sorry.

And then the gear bag itself will unthread and soon be laid bare....

i think havin'' a printer on top of your drybox is fine.. unless you are running a printing shop and it's printing for most part of the day - every day of the week.

most importantly, avoid placing the drybox under direct sunlight...

Maybe u can put some cushion inbetween them.

lens and camera are very well made and well fixed. If u worry about that like that u should also worry if u carry ur camera out since when u walk or move u create enough more vibration or moving to the camera.