storage. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimesonn

Oct 18, 2007
North-side!
www.photoblog.com
hey. i currently do not have a dry box. still looking for one. wanna ask whether is it safe to store my nikon d40 kit in a ziplock bag? will it affect my camera body or lens? body cap and the lens cap are put on. help needed. thanks.

if you have a dry box or dry cabi to sell. do SMS me. 81009423.

Why wait around for someone to sell you one when you can go down to get one. You don't really need to get a dry cabinet at this time. Just buy a dry box with some silicon gels for now. It's cheap and it will do the job for you fine.

You don't even need to pay more then 20-30 bucks for it at most photography shops at Peninsula.

Why wait around for someone to sell you one when you can go down to get one. You don't really need to get a dry cabinet at this time. Just buy a dry box with some silicon gels for now. It's cheap and it will do the job for you fine.

You don't even need to pay more then 20-30 bucks for it at most photography shops at Peninsula.

one way, if you have the time and guts, is to wait around at the places which give free dry boxes with purchase of dry cabi.. and wait for someone to come along to buy a dry cabi.. :)

just ask, most of them are more than willing to give you some discount on the price that it is worth brand new.. that's how i got mine anyways, though it was the buyer who approached me, hurhur, because i was fiddling around with the dry boxes nearby.

I have lived many years using a few lock-and-lock boxes with silica gel. Instead of silica gel, you can also goto Home Fix-It and get a "wireless dehumidifier" for about $20, which is basically silica gel enclosed and a heating element so that when the silica gel absorbs moisture, you can plug it into a socket overnight and it would heat up the silica gel and remove the moisture. This implementation had worked great for me for many years... now i have a dry cabinet because it was a gift :)

So... if you don't want to get a dry cabinet now... it is fine. there are other ways around it. also, if you shoot frequently, you technically do not need a dry box.

Status
Not open for further replies.