Stitching Panaromic Shots...??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have tried camedia's software, but still prefer photoshop elements II so far....

easy to use and good results.... but your photos must be good first....

1) don't use auto white balance for pano.... select a fixed white balance...

2) don't use flash.... meter for the brightest area and lock the exposure....

enjoy.....

looteer said:
i have tried camedia's software, but still prefer photoshop elements II so far....

easy to use and good results.... but your photos must be good first....

1) don't use auto white balance for pano.... select a fixed white balance...

2) don't use flash.... meter for the brightest area and lock the exposure....

enjoy.....

hi looteer,

thanks for the tips...!! will use these tips next time when im going to take pano...! ;)

you using Oly DC too??

cheers

hello SuRfTeC,

yep, me using oly 4040, didn't get a big oly SM card so don't use oly pano function often, still got the original 16mb i tried occasionly but found that my tip is just as effective... maybe even better than using the pano function... that's my experience....

share your experience okay too okay??

what model you using??

looteer said:
hello SuRfTeC,

yep, me using oly 4040, didn't get a big oly SM card so don't use oly pano function often, still got the original 16mb i tried occasionly but found that my tip is just as effective... maybe even better than using the pano function... that's my experience....

share your experience okay too okay??

what model you using??

im using C750UZ..... this cam is using xD picture card... very expensive... so i also haven get the big memory card yet...
me also using the 16mb card supplied to try on the pano functions...

normally i use the pano function that is in the camera... only choose whether to under expose the shot or over expose the shot... other settings like shutter or aperture, i don't think can change...

first few times i take the pano shot... i followed the guide line that the camera has to take... but now i realised that i should not follow the guideline...
the subsequent photo must overlap at least 50% or more of the first or previous photo...
after taking a few shots, then use software to stitch them together... came out quite good...

Im using arcsoft panorama maker 3.0! but its a trial version and i think i can only stitch up to max of 5 photos...sighz... :(

thats so much i know ablut taking pano shots lor...!
will try your tips next time when taking pano shots..:)

cheers

most books also recommend overlap of 50% or so.... but personally i think the guideline on the camera is okay although i rely more on my own estimate since i don't get to see the lines.....

Ermm... maybe im still not very familiar with my camera... thats why i still got some distortion when i use the guide line for pano shot... :(

but i think if 50% overlap shouldn't have much distortion...! :thumbsup:

i think i overlapped about 16% most of the time about half of the thirds grid..... but if you don't use the camedia, i believe you don't get roundisg pictures... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.