Still don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Hi....any bros out there can giv som tips how can i make my picture perfact, till now already 3 mth bought my dslr but still cant get a perfact picture.. or use bounce flash.

hmm wats ur defination of a perfect picture?maybe u can tell us wat kind of pics ure trying to shoot :)

Maybe u might wanna post some of your photos to show all what u meant by "picture perfect".

Or maybe it is just your composition, or your hand shakes, or even the subjects.

Just my 2 cents worth.

ok... meaning if i took som picture in daylight the subject will tend to be over xpose coz im using external flash, when i took indoor the some of my pic will tend to be under xpose or over... i hav a few pic in the gallery

ok... meaning if i took som picture in daylight the subject will tend to be over xpose coz im using external flash, when i took indoor the some of my pic will tend to be under xpose or over... i hav a few pic in the gallery
care to post the setting and picture? over/under exposing using flash might be due to a few factors.

in that case u need better understanding of metering and exposure... and when need or not to use flash... can do some read ups, and perharp share your system spec and exif.. post a few picture..

I haven't seen your pic nor your setup.

I would suggest to be comfortable with the camera. Don't go into flash yet. Understand the exposure/metering, how it works. Diff camera operates slightly differently IMHO.

After that, then go into flash. Coz to me, flash is another area to explore in photography.

Firstly, I suggest you sign up for a basic course to teach you the foundations of photography. Secondly, having a DSLR doesnt mean you will have "nice" pictures.

i think Klose's emphasis was on ''nice'' pictures

So therefore if one has a DSLR, one will have "nice" (literal meaning) pictures?

i went through those few pictures in the gallery, i think you can

1. understand how your camera functions (through the manual, and also books and websites on fundamentals of digital photography)
2. browse through photography magazines and books
3. join organised outings (there are free ones) to make friends with people sharing similar hobby
4. post more often in the galleries to get feedback, and if you are objective enough to detach yourself from your pictures, try posting in the critique corner

Here are my thoughts to your questions/problems

1 Forget about getting the "perfect" picture, at least for the time being. For the average photographer it might take your entire lifetime, if you are lucky. For the gifted, you might make it in 20-30 years to make that "perfect" picture.

2 From your second post, it appears that your basic issue is that of exposure.

It is fine to know how your camera function. But to get your exposure right, you must understand light. Yes, today's cameras have wonderful computers built-in. But the computer is doing the work, not you. So you should learn about light and how it impacts on the sensor.

For the time being, forget such things like flash. Just try to understand available light. Flash is another discipline.

There are books on such a topic. One is called "perfect exposure' by Peterson ( I think)

Good luck!

I got a very strong feeling that u are relying on the meter even when the camera is mounted with an external flash. Am I right to assume that first?

I don't think anyone captures there "perfect picture" in three months, three years or three decades. Most people probably never do. Maybe there is no such thing.

At this time, you should be experimenting with your camera as much as possible and not worrying too much about perfection. As 'student' says, learn to understand light because it will be the greatest determining factor in your pictures. Then learn how different factors affect DOF and learn the tricks (I won't say rules) of composition.

As for all beginner's, I will recommend the books by Bryan Peterson, which you can find at Riceball, Borders and Kino. I think Bryan should start giving me a commission! They will get you on the right track pretty quicky. I would also recommend using a 50mm f1.8 lens - it forces you to think more about the other factors than blindly zooming in and out to find a picture. And you get to use the best telephoto out there - your legs!

Hi....any bros out there can giv som tips how can i make my picture perfact, till now already 3 mth bought my dslr but still cant get a perfact picture.. or use bounce flash.

My advise is to take up a photography course if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.