= Stefan's Weekly Singapore City/Landscapes II =

It work for me, the people moving add credit to the picture , but seem like nobody dare to walk infront of your camera ..

Thanks everyone.

14688539147_ea4c8002a2_b.jpg

Singapore

2 Image HDR/DRI using GND 0.9 hard + Haida 10 stop for smoothed cloud and water effects @ 60s, + ND 0.9 for smoother cloud effects @ 200s. Changi Beach Walk, Singapore.

I set out to East Coast (Tanah Merah) on a Saturday for a long walk with my camera gears. It was a personal journey that I set out to do, standing at a beach with vast seas and clear skies - with no one but myself. A journey of self reflection and mindful of thoughts that randomly come to me that I needed to clear. Just the camera and me.

I could be out shooting the fireworks that was held the very same day, but I felt this was a more discerning subject about Singapore akin to a lone, dead tree stump surrounded by clear skies of oversea opportunities. I am not going to explain why this is so, but it is an intended sarcasm to think about this lone sunny island that I live, born and raised for the past 26 years.

Anyway, nothing can be further from the truth that it's just a long exposure shot of damn tree by the sea. That's it. And that's all it is on face value.

UPDATE: Decreased darkness of sky.

Last edited:

14879398741_7d70ccae3f_b.jpg

The Holiday Shot

2 Image HDR/DRI, 2 Image vertorama using GND 0.9 hard + Haida 10 stop for smoothed cloud and water effects. Changi Beach Coastal walk, Singapore.

Wanted to add another ND filter for smoother clouds but a little bit of vague texture in the sky doesn't seem that bad.

There were tons of debris in that place and lucky, the waves came in and pushed the debris way further back and managed to get a clean shot...

I have seen this mini lighthouse when I was in the area sometime last year, but just couldn't really figure out how to get there. A quick Google Earth search on my phone showed me the way and I tried my luck... And viola. I wish to get closer to that orange machine but unfortunately from where I stand there's no way of getting down to the shore.

#310 is nice.. the sky so blue and sea so green ..

Thanks guys. :)

How's everyone? I don't want to call my thread "Stefan's Monthly". :bsmilie:

Anyway...

14936778027_35a62f3f31_b.jpg

Secret Separation

2 Image HDR/DRI using GND 0.6 soft. MacRitchie Reservoir, Singapore.

Nothing else but to come here to have a relaxing walk on the platform. It's good to just once in a while get off the boat you've been working on... Sit down, think about what you did during the course of the day, feet in the water... You know, the simple life that we've always yearned for after hours of work.

Surprisingly it took me a while to compose the shot as I didn't like the stuff that was going on the left side of the frame... But I decided to live with it.

A song from The Fixx comes in mind when I think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZciNthNnDA

UPDATE: Fixed foreground tonality and reduced overall image "structure".

UPDATE II (080914): Switch to sRGB for web based viewing.

Last edited:

15122728149_75ba77d11b_b.jpg

Labrador Return

2 Image HDR/DRI, 2 Image Vertorama using GND 0.9 soft + ND 0.9 for smoothed water effects. Labrador Park, Singapore.

It's been a long, long time since I last stepped here. The only time and day of the month that I was free. Might as well take the opportunity to soak my feet in salty waters. Anyway, a pretty boring composition if you ask me.

Shot is intended to be slightly overexposed to create this mood coupled with the simple elements in front of me; of weightlessness and light. Hope it works...

Last edited:
#312 Labrador Return 2 Image HDR/DRI, 2 Image Vertorama using GND 0.9 soft + ND 0.9 for smoothed water effects. Labrador Park, Singapore. It's been a long, long time since I last stepped here. The only time and day of the month that I was free. Might as well take the opportunity to soak my feet in salty waters. Anyway, a pretty boring composition if you ask me. Shot is intended to be slightly overexposed to create this mood coupled with the simple elements in front of me; of weightlessness and light. Hope it works...
I like this one! :)

The overexposed shot has definitely created some ambiance, bonus points for that. :)

Thank you, MachBot.

15543262802_56bf535ff1_b.jpg

Curved To The Sun

3 Image HDR/DRI, 3x2 6 Image Multi-row panorama. Sembawang, Singapore.

Been a while since I've uploaded anything. Sorry for my absence. Chanced on this location when I visited a friend last week... I knew I had to return. Whenever I have the time, I'd make the time to go out and shoot something to relax my mind.

So to those who have time, cherish it.

15081794374_0da5b9f35a_b.jpg

A Place Called MacRitchie

Single Image RAW. MacRitchie Reservoir, Singapore.

It's a beautiful place and a beautiful morning to begin with. It was my first time stepping here and I wished I knew about this place much earlier. Will return when the sun is better.

15699321236_ace8bc61f3_b.jpg

The Perception of MacRitchie

2 Image HDR/DRI, 2 image vertorama to relief bottom spatial proportion. MacRitchie Trails, Singapore.

2nd shot of the series. Got a few more but just kept them for future POVs. Oh well, better sunlight next time...

11/11/14 UPDATE: Darken sky a little

Last edited:

15745698542_f8715ec1ec_b.jpg

The Wavy Delight

2 Image HDR/DRI using GND 0.9 soft. Sembawang Beach, Singapore.

Love coming here because there are tons of POVs to experiment. I've always wondered about the waves every sunrise here.

10/11/14 UPDATE: Switch to sRGB profile + dust spot.
11/11/14 UPDATE: Purple tint fix for sky, therefore can be switched back to aRGB. (This has been bugging me for days!)

Last edited:

15152296893_d08a8f197b_b.jpg

Blockade

3 Image HDR/DRI using GND 0.9 soft + Haida 10 stop filter for smoothed water and cloud effects. Sembawang Beach, Singapore.

Last one from Sembawang Beach. The tide rose higher and I had to leave the area. Was wading and walking back through the rising waters, turned around just to see how far I've gone and saw this amazing view.

It was a deliberate solution to create a high key exposure for this POV when I was standing there getting the shot; I seem to be hooked onto high key shots lately.

Reactions: hjbyeo
Wow ... excellent shot ...

Was at Pasir Ris Park wanting to try this shot.

But which part of Pasir Ris Park is this ? I don;t seem to be able to find this spot leh ...

Thanks

14107142791_3db4c8cd08_b.jpg

Heaven On Earth

2 Image HDR/DRi using GND 0.6 hard + ND 0.9 for smoothed water effects. Pasir Ris Park, Singapore.

15178615794_e44534962c_b.jpg

Intrusive

3 Image HDR/DRI, 2 Image Vertorama using Haida 10 stop filter for smoothed cloud effects. Punggol Waterfront, Singapore.

Had to do a project about the depleting lands of Singapore. Scouted around for quite a bit and helped myself to this POV. Lots of trees and landscapes these days are literally stabbed by man-made structures.

Rain came pouring down after the shot was taken. Rushed down and hid below the concrete until the rain subsided.

Reactions: macaroni

15817691406_d942ef4820_b.jpg

Man Over Nature

2 Image HDR/DRI, using GND 0.9 soft + Haida 10 stop filter for smoothed cloud and moving foliage effect. Punggol, Singapore.

I just wish for stronger wind to move the foliage much more.

Was hesitant to upload as I shot this POV exclusively for my school project, but what the heck... It's a simple shot that signifies the slowly disappearing lands of Punggol, being stepped upon, the iron beast triumphs.

Anyway Punggol is one of those places in Singapore that I wish I could turn back time, go back to the days of vast lalang fields and lone trees everywhere to play with. Too bad those days are gone and these places have disappeared in place of concrete structures and I wasn't into photography back then.

All I'm saying is, make time and explore these places and shoot as much as you can. Because when they're gone, it's gone. All I ever wanted to make are photographs of a place that was once used to be, just like Sembawang Stateland.