Starmart Express coach to KL feedback wanted

jojoc

Dec 1, 2008
Hi.

I have posted this question in travel forums, but I can't get a definite answer. I hope I can get the feedback I need from here.

I plan to go to KL in June. I am thinking of riding a Starmart Express Coach because the boarding area is near the Inn I will be staying in and its station in KL is near the KL monorail.

Any feedback whether positive or otherwise regarding the comfort and professionalism of Starmart Express? Does it pass thru the second link?

Or would you have any other recommendations as to the bus I can take?

Thanks in advance.

Innovative advertisement for Starmart Express tour bus coach.

The question on 2nd link. As though people don't know by now after so many years.

To save us trouble please provide full details such as:
Price
Photo of what the tour bus looks like
How many seats per bus - so far 16 seats per bus is most luxurious in stretchable space
Any toilet on the bus? (stinks)
Any KTV upper deck (no good as other passengers have to suffer hearing loud and lousy howls by other passengers who cannot sing)
What are the refreshments served?
Where to embark in Singapore - is it Golden Mile Complex or other location.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Ricohflex. I am looking for replies from people who have ridden Starmart Express and can share with me their experiences.

By the way, I am not from Singapore. I will be visiting your country in June and would like to take a side trip to Malaysia while there.

Thank you for your reply Ricohflex. I am looking for replies from people who have ridden Starmart Express and can share with me their experiences.

By the way, I am not from Singapore. I will be visiting your country in June and would like to take a side trip to Malaysia while there.

Where will you be staying while in Singapore?
There're many Luxury coach runs to KL that bundle hotel+return at reasonable price.
There's one that run from this hotel Orchard Road to Hotel Istana in KL near to an LRT station

Concorde Hotel, Singapore - Map and Location

All coach buses till enter and leave malaysia via 2nd link.

I normally drive up north, but after taking Transtar Solitaire to KL, I probably won't drive up to KL again, if it is my only destination.

Here's what u get:

Individual massage chair (really works)
In-coach entertainment (same as airline)
Cabin crew
Food and drink included

It's really worth it. I paid $61 but price varies.

Edit: forgot to say, it comes with wifi also, though there will be intermittent no coverage when traveling in certain part of NS highway. Got to tell the cabin crew to on it though, else it will be off.

Last edited:

Extreme bad experience by this traveler on Starmart.
Starmart Express drivers speed recklessly and have no loo breaks for passengers

Hi, Starmart is fine for me. There's many coaches that go to KL on an almost hourly basis from Singapore & mostly @ Golden Mile complex starting from 7.30am to 11.30pm so there's no hurry to pre-book unless it's peak season. It's a 5hrs+/- ride & all will do a 30mins stop at least once.

I took Grassland to KL, the bus toilet is locked as they don't want people to use it.

The only toilet break to and fro was at Yong Peng, Johor.

Thank you for your replies. I will look into them.

I will be staying in Mayo Inn near Sim Lim Towers by the way.