Starhub mobile phone reception in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soyuz

Oct 16, 2004
Hi All

Anyone know if you can get Starhub mobile phone reception in the parts of JB near Singapore? I know that this is possible with Singtel and M1 but I am not sure about Starhub. I heard that Starhub's signal quality isn't as strong as the other two.

it all depends on where is the nearest transmitter station.
HP networks work on cells. if the cell transmitter is near the JB, eg woodlands, you may be able to get the network at certain parts of JB.
But according to what i know, actually the signals received in JB are actually just near to the water side facing singapore, once you go further inland you will lose your signal fast.

CLQ said:
But according to what i know, actually the signals received in JB are actually just near to the water side facing singapore, once you go further inland you will lose your signal fast.
Yes I know but given the rumours that Starhub's signals are supposedly weaker than the others, can I get a Starhub signal at a location where there is Sungtel and M1 reception?

I have tried it with Singtel and M1 phones but not with Starhub. Does anyone have any experience?

starhub signal is indeed slightly weaker. I still can get near stulang laut area (near the sea side) but not for my house there - Taman Suria.

I tested...can go up to Taman Sri Tebrau...if you know where are the places i mentioned you can roughly know what is the range for the reception.... :D

tantingchin said:
starhub signal is indeed slightly weaker. I still can get near stulang laut area (near the sea side) but not for my house there - Taman Suria.

I tested...can go up to Taman Sri Tebrau...if you know where are the places i mentioned you can roughly know what is the range for the reception.... :D
Many thanks. Is Taman Suria nearer to Singapore than Sultanah Aminah Hospital? My place is around there.

tantingchin said:
oh ya....my sister using Singtel and can get better reception then mine...but i am not sure whether she is using the "roam as you pay" or not...
When you use "Roam as you pay" or any roaming provided by any brand for the matter, there will not be any difference as roaming is that you all using the network there (eg: Maxis, Celcom, Digi...)...

I tested that my starhub can call when I were in front City Square main door (face railway station). I can see M1 has signal on that spot also, except Singtel.

Sultanah Aminah Hospital..is it the big red general hospital? Hyatt hotel there?

should be able to receive...not tried yet....there is just facing the sea rite...

for the "roam as you pay". Ya i said my sister got reception, but i am not sure whether she using "roam as you pay" or not cos if she uses that, then i say got reception also no use. If she not using and got reception that means the normal reception is quite good.

tantingchin said:
Sultanah Aminah Hospital..is it the big red general hospital? Hyatt hotel there?

should be able to receive...not tried yet....there is just facing the sea rite...

for the "roam as you pay". Ya i said my sister got reception, but i am not sure whether she using "roam as you pay" or not cos if she uses that, then i say got reception also no use. If she not using and got reception that means the normal reception is quite good.

When you using roam as you pay, it has nothing to do with singtel reception anymore coz you are now using the network of a malaysian company...

For singtel i can still receive after we pass city square. but if you are inside city square, then you cannot receive. M1 was more or less the same when i compared it with my friends phone. (But this comparation was done abt 3 years ago, do not know if there is any improvements).

But i always feel that either these singapore companies are very good in controlling the network to not to be able to use in JB or is it that Malaysia have some sort of signal interrupters installed so that singaporeans no choice have to log into the networks there and thus have to pay them...

Status
Not open for further replies.