Starhub mobile broadband help

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all,

Need your help again. Today I re-contracted my broadband subscription and I opted for Maxonline Express Plus (used to be on the Express-plan). I paid for a sim card and installed it in my netbook. After-which, I have no idea how to proceed. I called the helpline and was promised that I would get a call-back (which obviously didn't happen) and I've also checked their website but don't seem to find any relevant information on the setup

At the meantime, any advice?

Thanks in advance!

The sim card for mobile surfing...? It goes into this usb dongle thingy that you plug into the computer and it will install a program called 'mobile broadband modem'.

They only gave you the sim card without the usb dongle..? I bought the dongle from them for $68 that time when i needed it.. not really using it now. if you want i can give it to you. :D

the call back will usually be done in 1 to 3 working days... :( unless you fax them and email them angry letters.. then they will call you back immediately. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind offer bonrya, will let you know ...

Regards
AG

The sim card for mobile surfing...? It goes into this usb dongle thingy that you plug into the computer and it will install a program called 'mobile broadband modem'.

They only gave you the sim card without the usb dongle..? I bought the dongle from them for $68 that time when i needed it.. not really using it now. if you want i can give it to you. :D

the call back will usually be done in 1 to 3 working days... :( unless you fax them and email them angry letters.. then they will call you back immediately. :bsmilie:

Adam: While many netbooks/laptops have a slot for a SIM card, they don't actually have the antenna for the 3G access (unlike in the USA, where it's standard). Otherwise you should see it under the Networking options of your netbook.

U still need a device for your sim card. Make sure the device support the spd which u r using. Else you will be paying more for a slower/lower spd.