Starhub DNS server down???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi all,

I experienced once yesterday and just 20 mins ago the DNS server was down again.. Cannot ping. Called up my brother, he also experienced the same thing, so we used Singnet DNS server. 165.21.83.88...;);)

How do you change ur dns?

Yup i faced it too..nothing l did of flushing the dns,renewing the ipconfig and physcially resetting my router and modem solved it until 10 mins later when connection suddenly resumed

Last edited:
Oh and I was wondering why the heck I couldn't accecss DNS related services, but P2P file transfers still contineud.... How to chag ne dns server?

Hi all,

I experienced once yesterday and just 20 mins ago the DNS server was down again.. Cannot ping. Called up my brother, he also experienced the same thing, so we used Singnet DNS server. 165.21.83.88...;);)

Ho hum... I wonder if Starhub patched their nameservers against the recently publicized weakness of DNS. In the US, AT&T apparently got already badly hit by attacks.

yup...looks like starhub dns server. had the same problems yesterday. line speed is still high though. in fact its almost double my 12mbps ;p

OK for those asked abt how to change the DNS server. Here are the steps in Windows XP. (It should be roughly the same for other Microsoft OS).

Go to your network setting in Control Panel,
1) Select your network
2) Goto Properties
3) Check IP/TCP
4) Click on "Use the following DNS server addresses
5) Type 165.21.83.88 for first one and 165.21.100.88 for second one..

Bingo, there you go.. ;)

For some reasons, I dunno why my youtube can stream very fast.. usually this time is very laggy. Maybe because most of the SH users cannot access that's why I got all the bandwidth? :think: :bsmilie:

Same here but on Singtel ADSL. Intermittent DNS lookup errors.

they seem to have resolved the problem. the dns is now showing 202.156.1.48 and 202.156.1.68 and responding instantaneously. line speed 23mbps :D

No wonder last night always couldn't access websites :(. I thought my router hang and rebooted a few times.

No wonder last night always couldn't access websites :(. I thought my router hang and rebooted a few times.
Router hanging pretty rare. A quick ping does the check instead of doing reboots after reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.