Starhub D-link DIR-615 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardnirun

Sep 22, 2008
Serangoon
Hi all...
asking on behalf of a friend..
his home wireless is done up by Starhub with the abovementioned router and he recently bought a new laptop.
From what my friends told me..starhub does mac filtering when they setup the modem for u...

I use starhub but my wireless network is "DIY" without mac filtering..so am unfamiliar of how starhub actually sets it up...

how does he connect to his wireless anywaes with his new laptop...his other laptops have been "setted-up" by the engineer beforehand in the past...

it has got nothing to do with Starhub, but its a setup for your router, in this case of D-Link.......you need to go to the maintenance site of D-Link (should be in the manual)

Then you need to find the Wifi card address (a string of double digits spaced by ":") of your laptop.......am using Mac, and forgot how to find this MAC address for Windows systems.....

Once you have found this number, you need to fill it in on the D-Link router site under Security....there should be a link to MAC filtering or something like that......

HS

I noe all that..googled up on how to go to the router's admin console..default IP for that would be 192.168.0.1
but it just gives me a page not found and even a Bing search page at times..tried directly connecting the laptop to the router too....no luck there..

I just so wanna press the reset button and do his router like how i do mine at home

Hi,

did u use http://192..... or https://192.... ?

if u cannot access the router admin via wireless method, use the trusty old LAN cable :)

do you have any friend who are slightly good with IT stuff? from the looks at it, you can call Starhub hotline for assistance or look for someone who is better in this stuff. Its easy to know the MAC id of the laptop but how does you go into the router and put it there, just follow thru the instruction manual.

here is a simple step if you want to try it.

1) connect the router to the laptop via Ethernet cable
2) if using windows, go to run, type "cmd" for command prompt, for linux run "terminal" and follow by "ifconfig"
3) at the dos mode type in "ipconfig /all" this will show you the physical address of the Network card inside your laptop
4) at the same time look at the default gateway. If it show u 169.x.x.x then there is no connection to the router, if it show you 192.x.x. or other number, try ping the default gateway see got respond or not.
5) go to IE or firefox or any browser and type in the default gate way IP
6) login to the router and follow thru the instruction manual of that router.

If still cant work .... then look for someone else for assistance.

How to check mac address of your wireless adapter for Windows user ?
1. Go to Start > Run... , open "cmd" (DOS)
2. From the DOS windows, execute "ipconfig /all"
3. The physical address is the mac address

if it was me..i'd reset his router and just put in WPA security ssid and passcode..but my friend is adamant in keeping starhub settings..
yes..i noe how to find mac address..nvm..shall tinker again tomoroe to get the right ip address to console in...i connect direct line to the router also cant get an ip address from it...

Status
Not open for further replies.