Star Appearances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
In lieu of the Stepping Out Concert at Sentosa on Sat, lots of Taiwanese artistes are in town this week.
As far as I know, these are some of them having promo events this week, anyone going down to take pictures?

Friday, 20th June, 4:30pm at Junction 8, Jolin Tsai.
Friday 20th June, 7:00pm Cineleisure, 5566 + Shin Yue Tuan
Saturday 21st June 6:30pm Heeren Orchard, Fan Wei Qi.

Update!
Saturday 21st June 2:30pm Turf City, Elva Hsiao!!!

No lah, me not going lah.... all public events lah, should be free for all. (Though you may have to go early to get a good place)

heard from frens that junction 8 is likely to be flooded...

r u going to go there early to get a good place to shoot? i guess some hardcore fans are already "queuing" up already.

Originally posted by Prismatic
No lah, me not going lah.... all public events lah, should be free for all. (Though you may have to go early to get a good place)

Tot U will be invited and thus have a very good spot mah...
;p

No lah.... I hate crowds too... and my camera's zoom not so good too....
Tot if Pris has a good spot then I tag along....

Sure late if I go from work.

Anybody going to the one at cineleisure?

Originally posted by xin
No lah.... I hate crowds too... and my camera's zoom not so good too....
Tot if Pris has a good spot then I tag along....

Next time if got school concert then maybe lah.

Anyone can help me take pics of jolin anot.. me work cannot go :(

Would want to, unless I take half day. Sigh why the events timing so weird one. :(

Guess most of the fans are teenagers.....
Those people having school holidays now mah.....
And their numbers are enough to pack the place a few times over...... If plus adult fans.... its going to be hell.....
:complain:

Originally posted by xin
Guess most of the fans are teenagers.....
Those people having school holidays now mah.....
And their numbers are enough to pack the place a few times over...... If plus adult fans.... its going to be hell.....
:complain:

ya its gonna be tough rushing for space in front.. guess u'll need a ultra long telephoto n a huge flash :D

Flash is not a problem, so is the tele, the problem is everybody's camera will be up above using the LCD to capture shots. I will need a chair to stand and then use my VF to compose shots.

Bad experience shooting such events, no way I'm going to squeeze with the crowds. I value my camera more then celebrity shots.

Originally posted by Jer76
ya its gonna be tough rushing for space in front.. guess u'll need a ultra long telephoto n a huge flash :D

here's my recommendation...
1.4x + extension tube + 2x converter on a 1200mm lens

can shoot from roof top liao :D :D

Originally posted by xmen1977
here's my recommendation...
1.4x + extension tube + 2x converter on a 1200mm lens

can shoot from roof top liao :D :D
Yah....then maybe get taken out by police sniper for carrying an anti-tank weapon around...

if shooting from ground level, u will need riot shields as well...

Just came back from Junction 8. The event is 1830, not 1630. The area is outdoors, small confined area, very packed. (About size of a 2-3 basketball courts?)

i brought my tripod and a long lens. But there's no place to shoot from.

Half the floor area was already filled up by campers - umbrellas and all. i think if i tried to squeeze to the front, i would have been beaten up.

There's no roof to shoot from - even if there was, the stage is shaded by a tent, obstructing the roof view.

Assuming that everyone will be standing during the performance, there's no higher ground at the rear to plant a camera either.

Anyone who still wants to try, all the best.

Gave up. Came home.

Status
Not open for further replies.