Spyder2 express

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi

thinking of getting a monitor calibration software...
wondering if the Spyder2 express is good ?

this is about the cheapest i can find...
any advice?

There's a mass order thingy going for the Spyder 3 for a while, perhaps you can check it out.

i think its called off......

btw, any advice on other pdts?
how does this perform? thanks

Personally, I would recommend you to get something better. Apart from calibrating a monitor for color accuracy, it is equally important to be able adjust the brightness/luminance to the desired level - generally 120 cd/m (although some people prefer slightly dimmer or brighter.)

I was a Spyder 2 Express user before, and my screen was way too bright after calibration :sweat:. I recently have access to a Spyder 3 elite , which allows me to set the brightness to 120 cd/m, and the results are much better :D.

Don't just focus on getting the colors right, because the correct level of brightness is important as well. Make sure you get a model/package which allows you to adjust the brightness/luminance level, with a proper cd/m readout.

Eye One Display 2 is a good choice. Personally, I am looking forward to the upcoming Display 3, but it seems like x-Rite is focusing their efforts on promoting the Color Munki for now. Spyder 3 Elite is quite affordable, and does its job well. If I'm not wrong, Cathay is selling the Elite version at $399.

For now, I quite happy with what Elite 3 can do, and I hope the iOne Display 3 will be available soon, and affordable as well.

There's a mass order thingy going for the Spyder 3 for a while, perhaps you can check it out.

No need to wait... Cathay selling Spyder3Pro at $240 for some time now.

how does spyder 3 elite and spyder3pro compare to each other ?

is CP the only place to get these softwares?
any other place like John316 or Lords ?

how does spyder 3 elite and spyder3pro compare to each other ?

is CP the only place to get these softwares?
any other place like John316 or Lords ?

CP is supposedly the sole distributor in SG. Buy from amazon cheaper though. Plus shipping still less than S$240. US got two year warranty, but of course cannot claim lah. ;p

Take a look at CP website. There's a link to Spyder.

Status
Not open for further replies.