S'pore River Ang Pow - 28012006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went there last night...was very, very packed!

DSC_9087.jpg

donkuok said:
Sorry, I cant recall whether FZ5 has manual focus setting. Can you confirm coz I dont own a FZ5.

i think for Fz5 is to use the focus button[trash bin button] to 'lock the focus'. i think this was explained in the manual under fireworks mode ;)

@ JimDavis : any tips on the best places to take? :D

metallilan said:
steady ar. i'll be heading there tom. abit uncertain whether to use the 'black card' technique...
black card technique is good but need a few trial for good exposure. I suggest to use inifinite continuous shoot with remote shutter.

donkuok said:
black card technique is good but need a few trial for good exposure. I suggest to use inifinite continuous shoot with remote shutter.

dont think infinite and remote shutter exists in my Fz5 :confused: but i'll make do with what i have...

Try to set to the highest f-stop (I think it is F8 for FZ5), think 2 second is just right for the exposure...

In order to do it this way, I guess you will have to switch to manual mode...

fz5 said:
do you mind to explain more? thx.. I'm kidda confuse with Auto Focus and set to manual focus again...

Focus can be activated by "half press shutter release" or "focus button".

The diff is "Focus Button" will memorise the focus dist for MUTIPLE shots. And, shot to shot time will become faster. It almost act like a manual focus.

Martin said:
Focus can be activated by "half press shutter release" or "focus button".

The diff is "Focus Button" will memorise the focus dist for MUTIPLE shots. And, shot to shot time will become faster. It almost act like a manual focus.

well said. :thumbsup:

JD,
thanks so much. took the below shots with ur advice on setting. Took only 15 shoots in abt 3mins.

pic size down 600X400 pixels to d/l........sizing down will degrade the pic rite.
anyone got better advice on d/l so pic will not degrade more.

Any comments are welcome...........

thanks again for your comments & advice

106.JPG

316.JPG

160.JPG

244.JPG

410.JPG

i like # 12...mind asking what settings you used?

FZ5owner said:
JD,
thanks so much. took the below shots with ur advice on setting. Took only 15 shoots in abt 3mins.

Aiyo, dun say that...we are people who love photography, sure need to share share what we know what...by sharing I also learn from you... :)

Keep up the good work! Got more than 10 days of firework from now, so, take more...try to take with some front scene (like Merlion or something), don't zoom...you will find it nicer that way, not purely fireworks, but fireworks with Singapore landmarks! ;)

Don't fear if you fail, most important thing is to find out why you fail, what mistake you make, and take the next opportunity to perfect it.

I always like to say this: "Practice make perfect!" :)

good work, take moretry more. you are getting better exposure each time already :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for your comments.
will post some taken just now..........:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

still trying to look for a good location .......... :think:

JD's advice with some background, this is the best can do liao.........:bsmilie:

All comments are welcome.........

#1 Location
165.jpg

107.jpg

814.jpg

1120.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.