Spontaneous Shot in the park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magix88

Jul 1, 2003
West Coast
anlunyeo.zoto.com
Was out with some friends when one of them spontaneously ran to a kid's tricycle left in the park and pose for me. Took the shot in less than 5 seconds. Is the composition ok? :sweat:

Photo posted here is unedited, no cropping, only copyright text and resize done.
Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, f1.8, 1/1600s, No flash.

bicycle1.jpg

IMO, shouldn't have "cut" her hand, back and the tricycle's wheels.

yeah shouldnt have cut her hand... and i notice that you very Singaporean style by look at your watermark"s" (kiasu)..

haha ... not that I am kiasu. My friend is. She is afraid people might pirate her image. So I added in the 3 long lines to assure her. ;p

As for the picture, guess I got to stand abit further next time. Thanks for the comments. Will look out for these details on my next outing with my friends. They are my free models. :bsmilie:

zerofour said:
yeah shouldnt have cut her hand... and i notice that you very Singaporean style by look at your watermark"s" (kiasu)..

Actually if afraid , dont post in the forum .

marklim said:
IMO, shouldn't have "cut" her hand, back and the tricycle's wheels.

to take your thread back on track, yes, watch out for accidental cropping when composing your shot. the tendency however, is to err on the too-safe side (gonna kena some more KS comments.. lol) and take everything wide-angle then crop later. practice composition even if it takes time or means you lose your opportunity. makes you more aware, alert and think faster in future. it worked for me ;)

sorry for sounding harsh, but if you want comments at least dont deface the image with such huge horrible watermarks.

Subjects looks tense as she seems like she is squatting instead of sitting but at least her smile was quite natural. Cropping is weird as mentioned above.

I wouldnt worry about anyone pirating this picture.

why cut the hand, feet and butt.. and shoot at asa 1600 under board day light... anyway nice try... ;)

Seems the camera is not focusing on the subject face, but rather at the centre.
As mentioned, you will need to move back a few paces.

Notice the line of vehicles behind? You could try to lower yourself, or go higher to avoid that distracting line cutting through her body :)

DT_ said:
why cut the hand, feet and butt.. and shoot at asa 1600 under board day light... anyway nice try... ;)
Err, Magix88 did mention that his settings were: "ISO 200, 50mm, f1.8, 1/1600s, No flash". What made you say that it was shot at ASA 1600?

Status
Not open for further replies.