Splash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sjourn said:
That's a Beckham shaver right??

Very good effort :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can try to throw your MK II in, all the Darkside can help take the shot for you. :devil:

container not big enuff. or maybe my wife will throw inside liao :bsmilie: :bigeyes:

Sjourn said:
That's a Beckham shaver right??

Very good effort :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can try to throw your MK II in, all the Darkside can help take the shot for you. :devil:

not beckam shaver...lady shaver hahaha :bsmilie:

HOHOHO!!!

I got a lot of stuff need throwing, can borrow your tank?

One comment, the top splash got cut out prematurely. I think if it could be included will add the impact of the pic.

OT: Chk photoaid thread, going to hv outing this sat and sun.

Sjourn said:
HOHOHO!!!

I got a lot of stuff need throwing, can borrow your tank?

One comment, the top splash got cut out prematurely. I think if it could be included will add the impact of the pic.

OT: Chk photoaid thread, going to hv outing this sat and sun.

noted about the "cut". The top was showing the edge of the acryllic box. Next time must try harder.

i'll go chk the outing.

knoxknocks said:
thanks for the compliments from the master :)

didn't think anyone would be interested in my setup so forgot to take a shot, but this was what I did:

Who? Me? (turn my head around, only saw my daughters play behind me) No lah. :embrass:

Thanks for the great effort explains in such detail set up, I believe everyone here has benefit from you, including myself. :thumbsup:

knoxknocks said:
thanks for the compliments from the master :)

didn't think anyone would be interested in my setup so forgot to take a shot, but this was what I did:

setup.jpg

my house ceiling very low and white, so like a reflector. For the flash, I was using Manual mode at 1/64 power IIRC. Also, I learnt that should use a light-weight razor. I was originally using my own which is quite heavy, and the splash etc doesn't look nice. The razor in the pic is my wife's :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: thanks for your explaination! tried once but couldn't do it, guess i'll need to get more flash or something. having only light behind the tank couldn't help me get rid of the shadows of the objects :embrass:

your pic is great

thought you did pretty well with your drops images :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

don't quite get it, shadows of the object where? reflected off the surface of the tank? If that's the case, maybe need a side flash (I used a 550EX) or from the top as what ortega suggested

thanks thanks :D

i pasted a piece of white paper at the other side of the tank (background) to try to get a white background and have light shining through there.

then i flash from the front when i drop my object in, there will be shadow of the object at the background.

is that because of the lack of light from behind and the side/top?

oh i c...try firing the front flash further away (or with less power) + diffuser? the object needs to be further away from the background or you can paste a piece of white paper on a wall or something that's further behind the tank rather than pasting on the tank itself.

It's a natural symptom because your flash light is casting a shadow on the white background. With a flash from the back directly, you'll wash out the object because it'll probably be too bright. I'm not an expert, but if the 2 flashes have the same power output, maybe they'll cancel each other out?

I'll try out your suggestions again. :) hopefully it'll work this time.
thank you very much~

i dont quite understand the background light (the strobe with blue cellophane paper pointing toward the ceiling)

from what i understand, there is no backround in this setup, and the blue look of the background is from the strobe?? then how come it is soo blue? i mean, a strobe could be that blue?

TeddyLoves said:
i dont quite understand the background light (the strobe with blue cellophane paper pointing toward the ceiling)

from what i understand, there is no backround in this setup, and the blue look of the background is from the strobe?? then how come it is soo blue? i mean, a strobe could be that blue?

yup. I used 3 layers of dark blue cellophane on a 500W elinchrom

oh waow .. i dont have that kind of flash. can i use a 580ex instead? would it be powerful enough?

Splutter said:
Actually given the distance, I think a 580 should also be powerful enough :)

yup. splutter is right. 500W is actually WAY too powerful. Had to move the light quite far away and turn it down to the lowest power

Thanx knoxknocks for the explaination. Now let's go get tank and throw things in!!! Don't forget to press the shutter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.