Speck on internal mirror!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongkia2000

Jul 23, 2006
Its not on the CMOS sensor itself, but on the mirror that leads to the view finder? How to remove? Thanks

gongkia2000 said:
Its not on the CMOS sensor itself, but on the mirror that leads to the view finder? How to remove? Thanks

Are you talking of the penta prisim mirror? To clean that your need to take out the focusing screen. I wouldn't advise that. Send it to the service centre.

smtan24 said:
Are you talking of the penta prisim mirror? To clean that your need to take out the focusing screen. I wouldn't advise that. Send it to the service centre.
yeah that. i just got it yesterday and it has a speck and gotta send it back. any other methods?

gongkia2000 said:
yeah that. i just got it yesterday and it has a speck and gotta send it back. any other methods?

Well if you're really daring remove the focusing screen which is held by a clip. Use a blower to remove the dust. Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you damage the penta prisim mirror. Best let the experts handle it.

smtan24 said:
Well if you're really daring remove the focusing screen which is held by a clip. Use a blower to remove the dust. Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you damage the penta prisim mirror. Best let the experts handle it.
well i can see the speck its just on the prism in front of the CCD. could i just use a optical cloth to reach in to clean it?

gongkia2000 said:
well i can see the speck its just on the prism in front of the CCD. could i just use a optical cloth to reach in to clean it?

gongkia2000 I think you're refering to the main mirror. That being the case just blow it off with a blower. Don't clean with optical paper as the mirror is front coated and may be sratch if you are not careful cleaning it with optical papper.

smtan24 said:
gongkia2000 I think you're refering to the main mirror. That being the case just blow it off with a blower. Don't clean with optical paper as the mirror is front coated and may be sratch if you are not careful cleaning it with optical papper.

Status
Not open for further replies.