Special Forces Unit - Hostage Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Oh.. wanna give comments and critics must show a thing or two ah?? Oops, sorry, I must have come from another part of the world then. Terribly sorry abt that.

2. erm.. why dont you start the ball rolling? I see you giving valuable comments all over the threads, why not show a thing or two too bro? ;)

3. Sorry to the TS and the mods for the OT.

Well u can see my own threads all over too whenever i give my "valuable" opinion. And since u all seem to be such experts in the field i would love to invite all of u to come and attend part 2 so that we can make it one of the best shoots ever done. And anyway comments and critics are fine as long as it's about how to improve the composition of the pics or how to improve on the quality of the pics.

It was already mentioned that the 2 models have not gone thru army yet and even after many reminders not to put their finger in the trigger guard and the chicken wings they are just not used to it so just live with it! And if u think u sound really big trying to challenge me to show a thing or 2 well at least i thought of something diff instead of just shooting xmm all the time and i would LOVE to see u try something diff to so why dun u put your money where your mouth is?

Calm down guys, I would like to say that this shoot was not meant to depict the special forces in real life or movies. This is a very very budget shoot, we have done what we can already. Please do not compare us with real life. This is not REAL, it is what we had imagined and shot.

Well u can see my own threads all over too whenever i give my "valuable" opinion. And since u all seem to be such experts in the field i would love to invite all of u to come and attend part 2 so that we can make it one of the best shoots ever done. And anyway comments and critics are fine as long as it's about how to improve the composition of the pics or how to improve on the quality of the pics.

It was already mentioned that the 2 models have not gone thru army yet and even after many reminders not to put their finger in the trigger guard and the chicken wings they are just not used to it so just live with it! And if u think u sound really big trying to challenge me to show a thing or 2 well at least i thought of something diff instead of just shooting xmm all the time and i would LOVE to see u try something diff to so why dun u put your money where your mouth is?

1st, I do applaud your effort in putting a shoot together and doing something different.

2nd, Pls understand that those who gave their comments and critics, I believe are not trying to put you down. They are just giving their 2 cents so that you can make your part 2 better. If you do not wish to make it better, then forget it. Don't have to be so hostile. You started the show a thing or 2, remember? Not me :sticktong
I don't think I sounded big, did I?. I have actually apologised for not knowing the fact that I'll have to show a thing or 2 before giving comments and critics. I'm not good enough to show anything. I'm here to learn.

Last edited:
Calm down guys, I would like to say that this shoot was not meant to depict the special forces in real life or movies. This is a very very budget shoot, we have done what we can already. Please do not compare us with real life. This is not REAL, it is what we had imagined and shot.

Sorry for the stir in your thread bro ;)

Efforts to put this shoot together - :thumbsup:Cool!
Sharing the interesting pics here - Cool!
The way critics are being responded to - Not cool!

Cheers ;)

The guy with long hair reminds me of Hannes from Valkyria Chronicles. PS3 game. He's a shock trooper character. Anyway, NS is good, makes almost all Singaporeans military experts eh?

maybe you can try to take a perspective of a photojournalist documenting the 'raid'... take some 'jerkey' shots, some breaching drills, room clearing from the perspective of a second man, etc. would certainly make it more realistic, if that's what you're going for=)

maybe you can try to take a perspective of a photojournalist documenting the 'raid'... take some 'jerkey' shots, some breaching drills, room clearing from the perspective of a second man, etc. would certainly make it more realistic, if that's what you're going for=)
Thanks for the great ideas!

Now I can try something different during part 2 already :)

Let's just all wait for part 2 yeah? I'm just sick of all the comments about it not being realistic enuff, special forces should not have long hair, got problem with model's nose and bla bla bla bla.... I organised a "FREE FOR ALL" shoot which was something different from the norm for those who were keen and i felt we all did enjoy ourselves that day and had quite abit of fun.

Yes alot of technical aspects were overlooked but well the only excuse i can give was tht our models have not gone thru NS yet and were not accustomed to the way they should portray the so called "look" (ie beefed up bada$$ looking dudes with no chicken wings and fingers nv on the trigger.) As for the equiptmentwise, we had to use our own stuff like the vests, pants, sunglasses, guns, some of the photogs even purchased new guns just for the shoot! So unless you all wan to make this a paid shoot so that i will have the funds to buy proper equiptment i think this was the best we could do with totally ZERO budget.

And for careful planning and all, well it was a first time for me organising something like this for other photogs and well maybe i could have planned better but hey there is a first for everything and i believe that in time to come things can only get better.

Lastly if u dun like the way i respond to the comments, well put yourself in my shoes and get criticized like mad for trying to make something diff happen and see whether u would like it. Let's end all the back and forth here and await part 2. Again those who are interested to join for part 2 drop me a PM and i will keep u guys updated.

I didn't know this series can generate so many C&Cs. I thought CS was meant to be a forum on improving the skills of photography and not how good looking or how a model should look for a particular shoot.

My opinion of a good photo is how well the photographer has captured the eyes of the person viewing it in terms of composition and the use of lights, and of course all these are subjective. It shouldn't be so critical to the point of how the weapon should be held or in some cases the length of the model's hair and I believe a majority of photographs are staged in a way or another. Yes i agree, some form of realism should be incorporated in a shoot, but if the degree of realism is really very important to you, then watch a Hollywood production or a multi-million production by professional stuntmen, actors and proper props.

If you are already looking at such minute details, then i guess there is not much to critic on the photographer's skills and the photograph itself in general, which I guess in this case, whoever posted this series should be very happy. :)

I didn't know this series can generate so many C&Cs. I thought CS was meant to be a forum on improving the skills of photography and not how good looking or how a model should look for a particular shoot.

My opinion of a good photo is how well the photographer has captured the eyes of the person viewing it in terms of composition and the use of lights, and of course all these are subjective. It shouldn't be so critical to the point of how the weapon should be held or in some cases the length of the model's hair and I believe a majority of photographs are staged in a way or another. Yes i agree, some form of realism should be incorporated in a shoot, but if the degree of realism is really very important to you, then watch a Hollywood production or a multi-million production by professional stuntmen, actors and proper props.

If you are already looking at such minute details, then i guess there is not much to critic on the photographer's skills and the photograph itself in general, which I guess in this case, whoever posted this series should be very happy. :)

Well said man!! :thumbsup: now here's someone who makes sense.

Technically it depends on how exposed a viewer is to the idea and knowledge of a particular theme. People who had served the army knows better what to expect for the miinimum. People who had knowldege or served in special unit forces expect even more.

One look i know these boys have not been through basic military training yet. Hostage situation? A jobless man robbing a convenient store shop shot with a pns can better fit in the title 'hostage situation' than the ones shown here.

Anyway if its a group organised shoot just enjoy the fun and experience. Everyone start small. Learn and move on.

You said what i felt. Thanks. :)

Wow as above ----> Epic failed :cry:

Technically it depends on how exposed a viewer is to the idea and knowledge of a particular theme. People who had served the army knows better what to expect for the miinimum. People who had knowldege or served in special unit forces expect even more.

Technically, everyone claims to be an "expert" after the errors have been pointed out.
Technically, no one else has done a shoot that is similar yet.
Technically, how many people in CS have served in a Special Forces Unit?
Technically, it's up to the photographer/organizer to create the feel of the theme.
Technically, not EVERYONE who has served in the army have gone through weapons handling.
Technically, not many who have served in the army has handled an M4 or MP5.

My, aren't there A LOT of Technicalities...

One look i know these boys have not been through basic military training yet.

Really? And if that fact was not mentioned, how would you know if they had/had not been through BMT? Are you a weapons handling expert? Have you been a part of a Special Forces Unit?

Hostage situation? A jobless man robbing a convenient store shop shot with a pns can better fit in the title 'hostage situation' than the ones shown here.

Just because you don't see the hostage doesn't mean that there is none...it can be implied. Use your imagination.

Anyway if its a group organised shoot just enjoy the fun and experience. Everyone start small. Learn and move on.

The TS and organizer have moved on...why is it that readers cannot see that and keep dwelling on the same issues?

They're moving on to a part 2 which, hopefully, will be assisted by many of those who CLAIM to know what a Special Forces Unit consists of, how they handle their weapons and the overall look.

You claim to be able to tell with ONE LOOK that the boys are pre-enlistees, please, give them some RELEVANT advice on how part 2 should be like.

Once the shoot is done with the assistance of all the "Technical Advisors", it should be posted up again to see if there would be additional critique on "HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN" etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.