Sound dampening of HDB room + dehumidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking for the above. Idea is to reduce the amount of reflection of the sound of an upright piano in a HDB room. + a dehumidifier to preserve the instrument. Been googling for soundproofing but the recommendations seem to be for full-fledge home studios etc.
Sound proofing is not needed at this moment.

I'm considering just below the piano, + a thick carpet hanging behind it.

I heard that placing cardboard egg trays can sound proof a wall a little. Those kind of heavy dark coloured curtains helps a little too.

Hi Fi Being my first Hobby, I can maybe help you.

On Echoloft.com you can look for Joamonte ! He is the guru of that matter. He spent (confidential) K in his hifi room just for sound proofing. He sells some too I think. He can give you some valuable advises.

The best and cheapest sound foam you can find is at Martin Audio at Burlington square next to SLS.

see the foam in my room:

4yzz2gg.jpg

As for a dehumidifier I use to have six. I can sell you one if you want as I do not need them all anymore.

Pm if you need any precise info.

good luck.

is it efficient in reducing low frequency sounds?

This particular one does not help for low frequency. It only get rids of echo and focuses your sound image.

There is specific foam for low freq.

Now, if you want to prevent your neighbour from hearing you. I guess, you must use a lot of damping material. And it will never really isolate you.

is it efficient in reducing low frequency sounds?

This particular one does not help for low frequency. It only get rids of echo and focuses your sound image.

There is specific foam for low freq.

Now, if you want to prevent your neighbour from hearing you. I guess, you must use a lot of damping material. And it will never really isolate you.

if let's say i have this house which is still renovating, what better internal methods can i apply to the room for sound isolation? i want to use it for piano recording. hopefully not too expensive too.

thanks!

Sorry for OT but I had questions for the dehumidifier. Easier to post pics.

Picture are of a previous unit I sold. Still had them in my computer. The brand is General electric.

I have two identical I can Let Go.

One is good working condition but can only work in continous mode. (automatic off will not work as the humidity sensor is spoiled) Will keep on drying unless you go and press it off. can try to repair automatic mode if you want but otherwise working condition. Clearing 60 SGD.

Have another unit in fully working condition. 250 SGD. New is 600 SGD.

Will clean and deliver unit.

END OF OT

6cim8tc.jpg

61mx8qw.jpg

ther I cannot help you.

Contact Joamonte from echoloft.com.

if let's say i have this house which is still renovating, what better internal methods can i apply to the room for sound isolation? i want to use it for piano recording. hopefully not too expensive too.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.