[soulFLY] - Wandering in Central Honshu

soulFLY

Nov 11, 2007
AMK
500px.com
Hi,

Sharing some image capture during a short vacation in this perfecture but the weather is not favourable as 60% of the time we are there is either raining or typhoon and need to stay indoor. Thus, burning a big hole in my pocket for shopping. Lolz! Was lucky to have couple of beautiful sunny day.

However, I did some photographing during this bad weather and many occassion, I have to brave the chilly wind and rain under an umbrella while waiting for the completion of exposure.

Nevertheless, we had a blast there; enjoyed the food and crowd at Shibuya. Am not good in travel photography documentary comparing to many of you guys.

Not much photographing oppurtunity and thus will take time to process it and try to salvage some of it. Hope you guys enjoy it. Cheers!

Rgds,
Thomas

Last edited:

5047962950_9159159e12.jpg

[ Overlooking Pacific Ocean ]

Starting off with a Self portrait taken on a beautiful sunny morning while enjoying the perfect sunrise and really worth the effort in waking up at 4am! No regrets and wise choice to choose photographing than lacing up the running shoe on this particular morning.

Witnessing the sunrise is truly breathtaking as its really beautiful.​

Last edited:
bro soulFLY nice self-portrait of your back :thumbsup:

Yeah Land of the Rising Sun is not called for nothing, that why japanese sun rise quite early wan :cool: I was in Tokyo with my dad 5 years ago and i remember the sun really rises at 4am

Hope you enjoyed the conuntryside of Tokyo especially the Samurai-theme parks, and the famous waterfall, lakes somwhere in the mountains.

BTW, the Japanese toilet bowl in the hotel is the most advanced... :D

Hey bro, thats a really nice self portrait on the back you'd taken, will be staying tuned to your thread for more Tokyo goodness :)

bro soulFLY nice self-portrait of your back :thumbsup:

Yeah Land of the Rising Sun is not called for nothing, that why japanese sun rise quite early wan I was in Tokyo with my dad 5 years ago and i remember the sun really rises at 4am

Hope you enjoyed the conuntryside of Tokyo especially the Samurai-theme parks, and the famous waterfall, lakes somwhere in the mountains.

BTW, the Japanese toilet bowl in the hotel is the most advanced... :D

Thanks mate and yep, the toilet bowl is simply awesome. :bsmilie:

Manage to sneak through the countryside and its enjoyed the breeze there. Cheers.

Hey bro, thats a really nice self portrait on the back you'd taken, will be staying tuned to your thread for more Tokyo goodness :)

Thank you for the support but be prepared as this is not the usual travel photography shown by many of you guys that visited Tokyo...:bsmilie:

Last edited:

[ decide a self portrait enjoying the beautiful sunrise as a starter, and worth it to wake up a 4am ]​

Very nice idea and excellent capture!

5047962950_99411a534f.jpg

[ decide a self portrait enjoying the beautiful sunrise as a starter, and worth it to wake up a 4am ]​

Nice self portrait there Thomas! You kept really still! :D How long was the exposure? Not worried that someone would run away with your gear? :bsmilie:

Side note: Spotted a few spots in the clouds and one in the water. Dust bunnies?

Very nice idea and excellent capture!

Thank you bro! :) Something that on my mind for long time and got the chance to execute it makes it sweeter...

Nice self portrait there Thomas! You kept really still! :D How long was the exposure? Not worried that someone would run away with your gear? :bsmilie:

Side note: Spotted a few spots in the clouds and one in the water. Dust bunnies?

Thanks bro and yes, the bunnies cause my camera was abused by the bad weather and didnt really notice of water remnants left on the filter.

Also, last night too sleepy and process this hastily. Will get it done in awhile..

Exposure was 75sec and manual time it with my watch. No one is there except me that morning. :bsmilie:

Last edited:

5050164070_6c51921874.jpg

[ Torii Gate at Hakone Jinja Shrine ]

Strong chilling wind blowing against me and its hard to compose as I had a very little space to place my tripod and was shoosh away by a security guard on this pier.

Wish I could zoom in a little more closer as throughout this trip, I only have the 17-40mm.

Last edited:
The self portrait is just awesome!!
#2 is just sweet. Looking forward to more :)

Won't yr equipment be snatched? :sweat:

this is simply great!
brings out the mood of the person.

Awesome #1.. hahaha.. nice!

5050164070_19965e3f1d.jpg

[ torii gate @ lake ashi, hakone ]​

Hello Uncle soulFLY,
This is a "Wow!!!" picture for me. I still do not know how to process such shots and have been trying on my own but hope to learn soon. Very nice indeed.:)

awesome photos! :)

Won't yr equipment be snatched? :sweat:

this is simply great!
brings out the mood of the person.

Awesome #1.. hahaha.. nice!

Thank you guys for the dropping by and glad #1 works well for you guys too..;)

Kinky1971, it was very early and the location is pretty isolated and no ppl were there except me. So, did some recce prior doing this shot. :)

Hello Uncle soulFLY,
This is a "Wow!!!" picture for me. I still do not know how to process such shots and have been trying on my own but hope to learn soon. Very nice indeed.:)

Thank you for your kind words.

It was not much process as it was taken the way it it. Only square crop and a little boost in contrast to bring out the movement in the sky and the red highlights of the gate.

You can do it too, practise makes perfect. :)

Cheers,
Thomas

5050139393_12b9bde766_z.jpg

[ Tokyo CBD ]

Suppose to visit the Imperial Palace but got lost with the Metro and reaches there late and the light is falling fast. Prior heading back to the metro to meet up with my wife and daughter.

Last edited:
Nice work Thomas.
If only the red structure in #2 could be larger...