Sony RX10 And Sony RX100

jokxl

Jan 17, 2019
Anyone can tell me more about RX10 and RX100? I want to buy a new camera with long zoom and easy to handle which should I choose? Is there any other comparison that you guys can share with me?

Thanks for sharing. Do you think you will recommend other brands also?

I have not tried so I cant recommend. based on review canon g9x and g1x is slightly noisier than rx100. lumix models have problems with lens retracting or dust inside lens. You can read negative amazon reviews for models you are interested in.

I also had sony a5000. With f3.5 kit lens at night, I didnt like it as much as rx100 https://photos.app.goo.gl/a9r4A9oddrpm1p2E8

Reactions: jokxl
Sony has been improving the RX100 progressively over 5 generations. I have the mark III and I still think it's the best compact camera ín terms of balance of weight, size and features that you can get today especially if you need an EVF like me. However, it you need one with longer zoom (x8.3), only the Mark VI has that. The earlier models all spot around x3 zoom only. The only negative point is the camera is pricey.

Reactions: jokxl
Does anyone know where to buy Sony RX cameras in Malaysia?

It seems to be that the promotion is much better across the causeway.

Does anyone know where to buy Sony RX cameras in Malaysia?

It seems to be that the promotion is much better across the causeway.

Key Color, Midvalley KL.
Very reliable, honest.
Ask for Johnny or Vivian

Reactions: metavolta
Tomorrow should be the last day of the CNY promotion for RX series cameras

MS Color is selling a mark 3 for $699 with an original battery, 2 x 16GB cards and a bag, carousell has one at $649 without gifts but local warranty.

Shop at Changi online is selling the Mark 4 around $860 (ex GST), but you got to have a departing flight.

All the prices aren't too bad if you consider that they are GST inclusive. They are about 10% more than parallel/grey market prices.

After getting the RX10 mk4, RX100 series (I got the mk1) seems not for me unless, that location only allow small compact camera. Anyway, depends on your zoom needs and also, the size.

Sony has been improving the RX100 progressively over 5 generations. I have the mark III and I still think it's the best compact camera ín terms of balance of weight, size and features that you can get today especially if you need an EVF like me. However, it you need one with longer zoom (x8.3), only the Mark VI has that. The earlier models all spot around x3 zoom only. The only negative point is the camera is pricey.

Good camera price dont drop much even thought it is like 4yrs old now.

if you looking for a compact with a long zoom and large sensor, the 3 most pocketable ones are,

1. Sony RX100 Mk VI, 24-200mm zoom, 1.0'' sensor, but its very expensive (rrp S$1649)
2. Panasonic TZ220, 24-360mm zoom, 1.0'' sensor, cheaper than RX100VI but slower lens (approx. S$900)
3. Panasonic TZ100, 24-250mm zoom, 1.0'' sensor, 1 generation before TZ220 thus, cheaper than RX100VI and TZ220. (approx. S$600)

I have the TZ220 and very happy with it after giving up m43 due to laziness in lugging too many gears around...

Do search in dpreview.com for all the in-depth reviews.

if no need large sensor, then Sony and Panasonic have other cheaper options.

Panasonic FZ2500 (24-480mm) with built in anti filter is an excellent camera; no weather sealing though. New is retailed around S$1400. Better than Sony RX10 iii (has weather sealing & 24-600mm)

The sony RX iv is sold around minimum of S$2250.