Sony NEX-6 (The "mini NEX-7" about to be announced soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoth said:
I dun use any e mount macro lenses. Maybe some bros here can recommend. Next best option is alpha lenses. Need d la-ea2 though.

lol, you got me wrong, sorry mate. ;-) Our OT discussion was initially about rangefinder lenses and you complained about them on the NEX-7. ;-) I just said supporting them doesn't seem very important to me for the reasons I stated later. The system is too limited.

Last edited:
ageha said:
lol, you got me wrong, sorry mate. ;-) Our OT discussion was initially about rangefinder lenses and you complained about them on the NEX-7. ;-) I just said supporting them doesn't seem very important to me for the reasons I stated later.

Haha. Ok. Cheers. Lets get bk to topic.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-...t/1170239-wtbuy-lens-sony-35mm-dt-f1-8-a.html

This impress me at first when i pass by. But so far we don't have this Lens review yet right?
It's a not so new A-mount lens with a lousy build quality and noisy motor. ;) Anyway, a nice lens for the money and I'm sure you can find reviews online.
http://kurtmunger.com/sony_dt_35mm_f_1_8_reviewid235.html
http://www.photozone.de/sony-alpha-aps-c-lens-tests/646-sony35f18dt

Last edited:
I believe he refers to the A mount lens. Why are you asking about it in this thread? Or did you mistake it for the upcoming E mount 35/1.8?

Sorry it's an incomplete & misunderstand sentence, "This impress me at first when i pass by." refer that i thought it already release and someone looking for it.
"But so far we don't have this Lens review yet right" this refer to the review of upcoming E Mount 35mm F/1.8

Sorry for my bad English. Sincerely apology to anyone who read that Paise ya~

There is only one and that one doesn't work for everything coz it has a short focal length. Can you recommend me a good M-mount 180/200mm macro or a fast non-macro lens?

The M-mount only goes up to 135mm if I rem correctly and none are macro. Simply put the RF system is not intended for such purpose.

The M-mount only goes up to 135mm if I rem correctly and none are macro. Simply put the RF system is not intended for such purpose.

I know, that's why I asked because I had the impression he wasn't aware of that.

tntrue said:
Depends on which definition of "macro" you subscribe to. Leica's word is good enough for me.

No, Leica says 1:3 with adapter, without it's just a portrait lens. Nothing new here and I don't need Leica to interpret "1:3".

numero said:

I think you need to understand the sarcasm in bro ageha's words... it's the dry north German humor. ;-)

No, Leica says 1:3 with adapter, without it's just a portrait lens. Nothing new here and I don't need Leica to interpret "1:3".

What I was referring to is the fact that Leica includes "Macro" in the name of the lens, but I think you knew that.

However, if you wanna get into semantics, try this: From Wikipedia: Macro photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The ratio of the subject size on the film plane (or sensor plane) to the actual subject size is known as the reproduction ratio. Likewise, a macro lens is classically a lens capable of reproduction ratios greater than 1:1, although it often refers to any lens with a large reproduction ratio, despite rarely exceeding 1:1.[6][7][8][9]
Outside of technical photography and film-based processes, where the size of the image on the negative or image sensor is the subject of discussion, the finished print or on-screen image more commonly lends a photograph its macro status. For example, when producing a 6×4 inch (15×10 cm) print using 135 format film or sensor, a life-size result is possible with a lens having only a 1:4 reproduction ratio."

I shoot close-ups mostly between 1:3 and 1:2. Even if I PP to 300dpi for printing, the reproduction ratio of the result is far greater than 1:1.

So the question is not just about the reproduction ratio of the lens; it's about which part of the reproduction process one considers to be the result--on the sensor, on the monitor, or whatever other medium one chooses.

If you go by the classic definition, "capable of reproduction ratios greater than 1:1," then the Canon MP-E 65 is the only FF 35mm standalone SLR lens I know of that qualifies as a macro lens.

At any rate, if you still feel the need to "win" the discussion, knock yerself out; I won't be reading. :)

Sony NEX-6 review - video review of the NEX 6 by DigitalCameraWorld. I feel this is more of a general overview of the camera than a review as there's no information on IQ or how much better the new PDAF is.

any news when is this coming out/

If can wait. 22-25 Nov got SITEX. can compare PWP and street price see which one more worth.

I compared past Show and it doesn't seems much cheaper other than throwing in more freebies which I doesn't need them.

I compared past Show and it doesn't seems much cheaper other than throwing in more freebies which I doesn't need them.

i guess so. because this is newly launch so i believe street price will be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.